close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 21SF Mag Release

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Caine, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Caine

Caine

Jul 3, 2005
    Mas,
    After considering a wide range of brands and calibers, I recently purchased a pristine G21SF, with about 150 rounds through it. Gun is mint, and the previous owner had TruGlo fiber optic night sights installed. When I purchased this gun, I was not aware of the complaints/recall that had arisen from the ambidextrous mag release, which my gun has. It is a 2008 production model. Apparently, this ambidextrous mag release was the weak point on an otherwise great pistol. So far, my mag release works great - 100% reliability. I want to use this as a home defense gun, but I won't if this is a real issue. What is your view of the ambi mag release issue? Thank you.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Only real problem I saw with the ambi SFs was that many police security holsters weren't cut for the extra mag release button. If you're having no problems, I suspect you're good to go.

best,
    mas