close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 21 Gen4

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by RLZIII, May 16, 2012.

1. RLZIII

RLZIII

Mar 17, 2012
    Mas,

I was curious if you've been able to shoot a GLOCK 21 Gen4 yet. I know that the GLOCK 30 is one of your favorite GLOCKs, namely because of the accuracy, which you've stated could be due to the dual-spring RSA. Now that the Gen4 models all have a dual-spring RSA, I wonder if the GLOCK 21 has seen an improvement in this category.

Thanks for your time!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    We've been shooting Glock 30s for 14 or so years now; I first saw the G21 Gen 4 last year, so there's some catching up to do. That said, the one 21 Gen4 I've been able to wring out was very accurate.

This was 5 shots from the bench rest at 25 yards, errant shot at top attributed to human error, with 230 grain Federal Hydra-shok and out of the box G21 Gen4
    [​IMG]

Below is result of 60-shot timed qualification, 4-15 yards, G21 Gen4 and Rem-UMC generic 230 grain .45 hardball. The gun is definitely "shootable."
    [​IMG]

We'll need to hear from a lot more shooters with a lot more samples, but I think I can predict you'll find the G21 Gen4 both accurate and easy to shoot well.

Photos courtesy American Handgunner magazine.

best,
    Mas

3. RLZIII

RLZIII

Mar 17, 2012
    Thanks for the reply and images! It's great to hear that GLOCK seems to have been able to take the GLOCK 30's great accuracy and transfer it to a Standard-size platform (normally companies try to make that happen the other way around!). While I'm on a GLOCK .40 road right now, when I decide to buy another .45 AUTO pistol, I think I know which one.