close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 21 Gen4 Erratic Ejection Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by diamondd2, Aug 7, 2012.

1. diamondd2

diamondd2

Apr 23, 2010
    ^^^^^^

I dont think a #6 extractor will make any difference for me. I have a #2 non-dipped, #3 non-dipped, and a #4 dipped. I tried all 3 with 2 different ejectors with no noticeable change in ejection pattern.

2. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    I have a 21 gen4 with no issues. Using cheap ammo and high dollar ammo. Mine is a keeper with over 400 rounds so far.

3. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    LOL, I love it. sounds like a 1911 forum. :) after 40 yrs of running very picky 1911 bullseye pistols my advice is get eye protection, baseball cap, and a tight collar......and ware long pants and socks.

man up :tongueout:

Rusty
    LOL

4. diamondd2

diamondd2

Apr 23, 2010
    I just got my delivery of 250rds Speer Gold Dot 200gr +p. I cant wait to see how this performs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. diamondd2

diamondd2

Apr 23, 2010
    Finally got to the range today with my 250rds of Speer Gold Dot 200gr +p ammo pictured above. I am happy to report all 250rds went 8-10' between 3-4 oclock. Not a single hiccup.

Conclusion for my G21 Gen4 is the BTF is completely ammo related. I guess I just got a ammo picky pistol.

6. Hi Diamond,

man, your 21 sure has expensive taste in ammo! My new XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP was spitting my cheap reman ammo about 6 feet away to my 4 o'clock. The same ammo my G21 g4 trickled back on my arms or in my face or 1-2 feet to the right.

Glad you solved your issue.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. diamondd2

diamondd2

Apr 23, 2010
    Yeah, it really likes the hot stuff. I got a 1,000rds thru it now, I am hoping it loosened up a little and can run the cheap stuff better. If not, I am going to have to learn to reload 45. I saved about 800 - 45acp casings already.

8. pm666

pm666

Feb 28, 2009
    what's the latest on this issue? I have an early G21 with only about 4oo rounds though it. From what I;ve read, this BTF can surface at/around the 1000 rounds mark.
    I did get a different RSA from Glock. Has there been any other changes?
    Thanks,
    Paul

9. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    I have a Gen4 21 test fire date 22 Oct 12 bought NIB blue label LEO price. I put 250 rds thru it at a outdoor range and had BTF and weak ejection. Lots of fired brass just running down my hands and forearms. Good news no malfunctions just weak ejection. This is 45acp not a 25 auto. IMHO no body should have to do fixs or modafactions to any NIB firearm what ever brand.
    Now isn't the time to try better ammo, you can't get any! This was my first Glock and will also be my last glock. Glock should mark there pistols use NATO ammo only, ":steamed:Glock Perfection"
    IMHO a NIB Glock shouldn't have to be sent back for repairs, maybe i am just to old school:steamed:

10. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Kansas
    What I've read suggests its and issue with the ejector and/or out of spec extractors, meaning improperly sized for the cutout. This is not an official explanation from Glock but Arc Angel has a pretty interesting blog post about it.
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=603

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    The latest ejector for .45 models is 8196-2, there is no new ejector for them that improves the ejection pattern but you may be able to reprofile the tip of an 8196-2 to have a more rearward/up angle to the face. Most of the cases of erratic ejection I've heard of in the .45 models have been solved by using a replacement extractor.

12. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    I have had no problems but when my son, who is a lefty and new Glock shooter, initially shot my 21 gen 4, he had 4 out of 100 rounds high to the head. FYI, I have a #5 extractor. I also found Arc Angel's Blog on the BTF subject, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=603 very interesting. Depending on the ammo used, I have a 4:00 ejection pattern 2 to 6 feet.

13. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Stoeger cougar
    Beretta 92fs
    SW sigma

Those are the three pistols I've seen first hand throw a piece of brass every once in a while back to the shooter. If you spent more time shooting, and less time reading BTF threads on GT you wouldn't have said something that silly.

14. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Jun 20, 2011
    USA
    Picked up a Gen 3 G21, spits brass from 200 gr. Hornady Custom XTP's right over my head into the hood of my sweatshirt.

No more searching for brass!

But seriously, it's is weird how it ejects and it makes me wonder about the pistol sometimes, but it works great and I've noticed when I lock my elbows and concentrate on my grip the cases do eject somewhat properly. So, it's a slight mystery to me. lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  15. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Fisher of Men

Dec 20, 2011
    Savannah, Tn.
    My Gen 3 30sf had these problems. I fixed them. This is outlined in the Sticky at the top of the page. This isn't a gripping issue. This is an extractor issue. Once I fixed mine it ejected all cases into a very small area at about 4 o'clock. I can't believe that this issue is still being beat like a dead horse by the same genuises that beat it last time. Does this forum have moderators? If so why do you allow people to bully folks who come here seeking help? Their issues are real. The right thing to do would be to help them and not insult them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  16. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Jun 20, 2011
    USA
    +1 brother, I'm a firm believer in "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

17. man.cave

man.cave

Mar 6, 2012
    NC
    I sent my 21 gen 4 back to Glock. Glock sent me a brand new pistol back with 3 mags. Shoots fine. I now own 8 Glocks. 1 bad, and Glock replaced it completely. No whinnnig here

18. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    Dave maybe some of us don't think that "WE" should have to put another nickle of our hard earned money into a NIB Gen 4 Glock 21 to get it to run right. I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect a pistol to have no issues with ejection when i buy one.:wow:

19. Eman1135

Eman1135

Jan 23, 2012
    +1 Buying a brand new pistol with problems is both annoying and frustrating !!

20. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    A long time ago I noticed that when I moved the extractor manually it felt a bit gritty. Every time I bought a Glock regardless of caliber I'd take it apart and check things a bit.
    If the extractor didn't feel right, I'd remove it, polish the top and bottom sides that rub on the slide and check if the gritty feeling was gone. I touched up the slide opening on a couple of occasions.
    I mean polish like rubbing the extractor on a very fine paper (4000-12000, whatever happens to be in front of me) on a flat surface in a way that I don't even remove most of the blue. Just enough to get the high spots ironed. I also lube the shoulder were the spring rides.
    I don't do it because I have a problem, I do it because I don't like the way it feels on some guns.
    I don't know if that helps any, I also use full power ammo and so far I'm lucky with all my Glocks including the Gen 4 G21 that happens to be excellent.