Glock 21 Gen4 Erratic Ejection Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by diamondd2, Aug 7, 2012.

1. and not enough rounds throuh it to break it in. Don't shoot one box and whine people

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

[​IMG]

3. Sick of this grip excuse. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE! Ok, it's due to a poor grip. You're basically saying Glocks are junk because they require perfect shooting fundamentals to operate correctly. None of my other guns do.

Does hickok45 have a poor grip? Go watch some of his Glock videos and see how poorly cases eject. I've posted many examples of this, with specific time references in the video. By contrast, watch any of his videos with other makes (Sig, HK, S&W) and you will rarely (basically never) see poor ejection.

#23 cowboy1964, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  4. Turning it sideways? That's a kill shot man! :supergrin:

Getting pegged with brass sucks. Especially to the face. My wife's Gen 4 Glock 19 did it at first. The new RSA and ejector from Glock fixed that problem.

5. I agree. Glocks are supposed to be fighting pistols. If perfect technique is required to get them to function properly then there is something wrong. Chances are when you are fighting to save your life you aren't going to have a perfect grip or stance. You might even have to shoot weak handed and even then without full use of that arm. Or maybe there is blood or sweat all over your hands and you can't get a firm grip on the gun. Or if you have a guy on top of you trying to beat you to death, there's no way you are gonna get a proper firm grip with both hands and get into a weaver stance. So I think an argument can be made that Glock is dropping the ball here.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#25 Andy W, Aug 8, 2012
  6. Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

7. Buzz,
    Do report back with what parts they change and the end result. I really don't want to send mine to Glock. If its something as simple as an extractor, I can do it myself.

#27 diamondd2, Aug 8, 2012
  8. Here ya go. Just under 500 rounds

Gen4 G21
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHji_gG-KE&feature=plcp"]EGHV0009 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3JO1QfU0A&feature=plcp"]EGHV0011 - YouTube[/ame]

Gen3 G35 too many rounds to count
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8gW1ECayzM&feature=plcp"]EGHV0017 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzFlt309v4&feature=plcp"]EGHV0016 - YouTube[/ame]

#28 TRX450R_Racer, Aug 8, 2012
  9. SIGlock

Millennium Member

How many of your Glocks are Gen 4?

If you have NO gen 4....then your reply was kind of dumb.:supergrin:

10. I have four Gen 4's, a 19, 23, 26, and 21. Only the 21 throws brass straight back or short.

Never had an issue with FTF/FTE but both the 19 & 23 had recall recoil springs that Glock replaced. No issues before or after new springs.

Did have an issue with the way the 23 slide seated...but Glock fixed it quickly.

11. That's what it looks like when I shoot my Gen4 G21. Although it's not every round like in this video. I did notice in the video the casings look like they are either steel or aluminum. The aluminum seems to worse than the brass.

I also have Gen4 - 2-19's, 26, & 23 that do not eject brass to face.

#32 diamondd2, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  12. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

My Gen 4 21 ejects rather weakly 3-4 o'clock but only with my reloads (very light.) Full loads and personal protection ejects strong.

13. Gen4 G21 SSN###, spent casing collected 3/8/12, purchased in May 2012. No issues with ejection yet.

14. I have a Gen4 G21. No problems here of any kind.

15. I went and ordered a new ejector (trigger housing) and new extractor from Glockparts. I also went and ordered a 250rd bulk pack of American Eagle 230gr FMJ. I paid the extra $$ for the AE because it is rated at 890fps and the poorly ejecting stuff I used was 840fps and less.

What my plan is:

-Clean and Lube
    -Change to new ejector
    -Use original extractor

Run 5 mags with original extractor, observe ejection.
    Run 5 mags with new extractor, observe ejection.

Keep better ejection pattern extractor in.

This will be sometime next week

16. Slightly off topic but how do you like your xs sights?

17. Ok. Interesting devolpement. I recieved my new trigger housing with the 8196-2 ejector. Installed it in the pistol. 1st thing I noticed is the new ejector sits higher in the housing then the one that came with my G21 (maybe a 1/16"). Now my ejector is up tight to the bottom of the slide (seen when retracting slide). 2nd thing I noticed is the angle on the new ejector is a little more to the right then on the original one. I have a good feeling this is the source of my problem.

I also recieved a new non-dipped extractor with the #2 on it (my original is a #3). I will only put this in if the new ejector is not enough to fix the BTF problem.

I will get my ammo hopefully in a couple days and try it out.

NEW EJECTOR/Trigger Housing:

[​IMG]

Original Ejector/Trigger Housing:

[​IMG]

SIDE BY SIDE:

[​IMG]

Hard to see angle difference:

[​IMG]

#38 diamondd2, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  18. You ordered a new non-dip .45 extractor? So it's true Glock is making non-dip extractors for more than just the 9mm? If true, depending on your results may make me reconsider the Glock as my platform of choice.