close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 21 gen 4 break-in procedures

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pat701, Dec 25, 2012.

1. chessail 77

chessail 77

May 27, 2009
    No matter what ....clean and lube it before shooting

2. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Aug 3, 2012
    Abilene, TX
    Ahhh... little oil on the barrel and rails and go pull the bang switch... lots!

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    No break in is necessary or indicated. You'd be shooting for enjoyoment, not for break in.

4. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    I put 250 rds of Estate brass cased 230gr hard ball thru it at an outdoor range. I had no malfunctions, but IMHO weak ejection and brass running down my arms also some BTF or BTH. I am not familiar with Glock ejection but is 2 to 3 feet to my 3-4 O'Clock normal?? I am use to 6-8 feet to my right for ejection.

5. firstg19

firstg19

Apr 4, 2008
    sorry to say it, but it seems now this tends to be the case for many people.

6. jetman121

jetman121

Jan 12, 2013
    I just shot mine last night, and it did the same thing. I actually don't mind it, as it was not much of a distraction. It also aided in my spent case retrieval. I noticed after about 50 rounds, the brass was flying just over my head and behind in a nice four foot radius. In case it matters, the test shots were done on 1-22-13 (just picked up the gun this past Saturday).

7. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ

Test fire date on mine was 22 Oct 12. What is considered normal ejection for a Glock, the 21 in particular? Or am i being picky about 2-3 foot ejection to my 3-4 O'Clock?

8. intenseneal

intenseneal

Jan 10, 2013
    This^^^, all that is needed. Glocks are not like machined pistols like a 1911 where they need so many rounds shot threw them before they are reliable and broken in.

9. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    Load cartridges in magazine.
    Place magazine into gun.
    Rack slide, firmly.
    Grasp gun with both hands, in a comfortable, yet firm manner.
    Align sights with target.
    Squeeze trigger, slowly, keeping positive that sights stay aligned.

That's the general break-in process for Glocks.