Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock 21 Carry?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by glockrocks2, Jun 23, 2011.

1. :dunno:Ok here is my ?. I have other glocks but i picked up a 21 the other day. I know alot of police that carry them but do any of you guys carry it cause of the size and if you do what holster do you use to get it close to your body. that what i was wondering.. thanks.Glockrocks2
  2. TexasTrash

Oct 25, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    i have a uncle mikes iwb i use some times at the 5 o'clock position. I also use a fobus gl-3 paddle that i tuck the barrel into my right back pocket. If you dont do alot of bending over its not too bad.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

3. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    Yep, not daily but if I'm going into enemy territory i strap on my G21 in a crossbreed supertuck, 13 rounds of 45 make feel more secure than 5 shots of 357 mag.
  4. DFin

Mar 22, 2008
    DeSantis Insider or Dual Carry (both are IWB holsters), Uncle Mike's IWB, Uncle Mikes pancake type nylon belt holster or Glock combat/sport belt holster. I also have an Uncle Mike's horizontal shoulder holster that fits the G-21 but I have not used it.

The DeSantis Insider is the one I use when I need the most concealment as the belt clip is located high on the holster and I can literally tuck the entire mag well below my belt if I want to.

I am also going to get the DeSantis Sof-Tuck tuckable IWB holster. The nice thing about these 3 DeSantis models is that they fit the G-21, G-17 & G 22 so I don't need separate holsters for each.
  5. dave27

dave27 Millennium Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Rochester, NY
    Not the OP but I'm also looking at a 21 or 20 so this is good stuff! Thanks for your input guys.

One more quick, related question. Do any of you guys routinely carry a 17 or 22 as well? How much different is carrying a 21 over those two? Thanks.
  6. FyreCalG17

FyreCalG17 Gen4 Fondler

Jun 2, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Holidays at the in-laws? :rofl:
  7. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Sep 7, 2001
    Union, KY
    I used to carry a 21 in a Dillon Master pancake holster at the 3 o'clock position, never had any issues. Usually wore an unbuttoned short-sleever shirt over a t-shirt when carrying that rig.
  8. rattlehead55

Apr 15, 2011
    I just started to carry my 22 and I'm probably going to down size. It is fine walking but when i sit in my car its really unconformable.
  9. gwdex

Mar 12, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have the Comp-Tac MTAC IWB which works well with my G 21SF.

10. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    As my name suggests, I carried one for about a year. Maybe a little over a year. I took it everywhere. It is not that hard to conceal. I am 6'2" 210lbs just as a body type reference for yourself. I used a Don Hume H715M W.C., and still use the same holster now for my G29. Both guns fit in the same holster perfectly (although there's an extra .75" inch or so at the muzzle with the G29).

I carried my G21SF wearing tee-shirts and shorts, jeans and a button up, whatever. Many times my girlfriend didn't even know I had it. It is practical to carry. It takes a tad bit more effort than a compact or subcompact, but not much. Plus, it's quite the comforting accomplice with 13+1 rounds of .45ACP.
  11. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    :rofl: Ha more truth in that than you know.
  12. Whtwolf14

Sep 13, 2004
    I've carried a G21 in a CTAC in the past with no issues.
  13. Dave Richardson

Dave Richardson

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm 6'2", 230 lbs., and my 21 is in the carry rotation; El Paso Saddlery Tortilla holster on a Wilderness Instructors belt.

Live in Northern Virginia (the British Foreign Office used to classify Washington as a tropical post), it's a little more likely to print than the 17 but I've never been made in it. It is, however, noticeably heavier than the 17 or 19, especially if you carry two spare magazines.

In the words of Clint Smith, "it's supposed to be comforting, not comfortable".
  14. jayhuh

Nov 30, 2005
    The OC in So CA
    I've carried mine a few times in the fall/winter with a Glock holster covered by a baggy sweatshirt. Need all the protection you can get at the Black Friday/Xmas sales:cool:
  15. SouthernGA

Mar 1, 2011
    Just got a G21 Gen3 with rail and the fobus gl-3 paddle holster would not work.

Also looking for a suggestion for a paddle that will fit the G21 with rail.
  16. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Have carried my 20 and 21. Ususally when only running to a few places, Its not bad but wouldnt be my EDC unless wear big shirts to help cover it .
  17. DFin

Mar 22, 2008
    The 21 is a little thicker, longer & taller than the 17/22 and the extra width and slightly longer mag well are noticeable but once it is in the waistband it is not really that much of a difference to me. If you can carry one you can carry the other. It is not as significant as the difference between a full sized Glock and a compact or subcompact.
  18. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
    i carry owb in a glock sport holster:)
  19. TexasTrash

Oct 25, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Mine is a gen3 and fits just fine in the gl-3. Is it the normal rail or the picattiny rail.
  20. Thanks guys for all the info. I have to chew on it and see what i want to do.