Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock 21 and concealed carry

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by biggun1911, Feb 5, 2009.

1. biggun1911

Mar 15, 2006
    I just purchased a glock 21sf and I am considering using it for concealed carry. Do many of you carry the 21 and is it difficult to conceal?
  2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    Yep, I carry it sometimes when not carrying the 1911. Nope, no concealment problems. It is a cinch to conceal with a Galco half harness shoulder rig, and Galco jackass holster. I'll never use a hip holster agian for carry.

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    Ken. and orangejeep06 like this.

3. I carry a glock 21 24/7 365 days a year. Covers up in the summer with just T's and jeans. I carry a 1911 for a month or so and go back to the g21 and it's like feather compared to the 1911. But I love 1911's and need to carry one every now and then.:rofl: I now have started to carry a 1911 even more than the glock21. But still carry the 21 without a problem.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    orangejeep06 likes this.
  4. ISOM

Oct 7, 2008
    I CCW the 21. It's easy during the winter with jackets and heavy/hiding clothes.
    In warm weather you need a HIGH RISE holster and long untucked shirts to cover the gun, etc.
  5. coyote_glock22

Jul 17, 2008
    I carry my G21SF in a sidearmor IWB holster. I'm 5'10", 150 pounds. Hides fine with a loose shirt. It's not that big!
  6. hopeitsfast

Mar 1, 2008
    All year round in a MTAC.
  7. Maine1

Jul 20, 2007
    both the g-20 and 21, in fact, in a Supertuck. Works well, and i am carrying an effective gun that I shoot well, not something based on convienience.
    glock19111968, Ken. and orangejeep06 like this.
  8. biggun1911

Mar 15, 2006
    Thanks for the information. I am going to give a try.
  9. armybass

armybass VCDL

May 8, 2005
    clinging to my guns
    I carry a G21 in the small of my back in a left handed Uncle Mikes Neoprene IWB holster. Never had a problem with CCW. But I am a big fat guy:supergrin:
  10. High_Sierra

Jan 1, 2009
    I am a small guy (5' 6'' ... 160lbs) and I carry my G21sf OWB all the time in a Galco concealment holster. I have had zero problems with it what so ever, and it conceals very well with just a t-shirt (disappears completely with a Hawaiian style shirt). I carry the G21sf any time I am wearing jeans or pants .... but with shorts I carry my G30sf.
  11. JonInWA

Apr 4, 2004
    Auburn, Washington
    I have had excellent, comfortable results with Blade-Tech's IWB holster. For an OWB holster, frankly the inexpensive Glock Sport/Combat holster is excellent.

For magazine pouches, I prefer Wilderness, Bianchi (for IDPA/double magazine pouch, their open top Accumold model), or simply the inexpensive Glock magazine pouch.

Best, Jon
  12. coltm4a3

Oct 20, 2003
    I find the glock 20/21 to be just too big for me to comfortably carry, if I want high-cap .45 I carry my para P13 limited (13+1 rounds) or my G38 (.45 gap).

Bottom line is the 20/21 is a very large handgun, and certainly not the easiest to conceal... but it obviously can be done, it certainly depends on your personal ability to hide it and be comfortable with it while sitting/walking around in everyday situations.

Congrats to all you that can conceal the 20/21 effectively and also comfortably... If I could get used to it, I would carry it also. It's just not for me.
  13. OgenRwot

OgenRwot Politico

Apr 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    My brother tried to do this and he's 6'7 close to 300 pounds. It didn't work too well for him and he ended up getting a 19. Unless you already dress overly baggy it can be difficult. My brother didn't want to change dress style because people would have noticed so he opted for the smaller pistol. It's not impossible, but it's not exactly easy. Again, my brother is no small man and he had issues.

I carried my 21 (regular, not SF) OWB under a sweatshirt and it wasn't pretty. I too have the 19 for my daily carry weapon.
  14. Jogitu

Aug 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    +1 CTAC or MTAC. Will tuck away just fine.
  15. I'm really sorry to hear you have a hard time with a 21 it's a great gun.
    I carry a 21 sf and some full size 1911"s.
    I use owb holsters and jeans and t's, conceals fine I have never been made.
    I'm now 6ft 240 LBs.:dunno:
  16. Raven-glk21

Feb 25, 2009
    Richmond, Va.
    Just traded my 19 for a 21 (not SF). No problems so far. Using a Galco Matrix for when I am working in a suit and a Blade Tech IWB while on surveillance or off with family. I am 6'00" 200lb. Will let you know if I go back to my beloved 19....
  17. BroknPrism

Feb 28, 2005
    My only guns are standard G21s. I only have to manage and train with one caliber, and in a maximum performance sidearm at that. I have a Blackhawk IWB that was designed for an XD, and it fits the 21 like a glove, but IWB takes the slack out of my 30" waistband and I don't want to change the pants (by wearing 31") to fit the gun. I just ordered a Ross Leather M12S Askins-style; lined, high ride, open top, and canted, which will put it in the same place, but outside.

If Glock made a G19/G23-proportioned .45 ACP, I'd buy it, but I don't want to chase GAP ammo around town when ACP is hard enough to find.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  18. definately not easy depending on how your shaped. at 5' 9' 240 lbs. it works for me. I would'nt even consider bringing a 21sf along if it was'nt for the "clipdraw" I swear by this little metal clip. works great with or without a belt. it won't come loose in a wrestling match. the gun , not the clipdraw. eliminating a holster has been a great thing. I can't see how anyone can conceal a 21 in any holster but appearently it's done alot. i'm going to a 30 soon. is there anyone out there that has given the clipdraw a second look. seems i hear nothing about them. i can't be the only one using this thing. i mean this is a great product for a beefy rig like a 21. with a 30 i'm gonna feel naked. It really brings the profile of the hip carry down to a minimum.I keep it between 2 and 3 o'clock. no i don't work for clipdraw.
  19. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
    i think there are three factors in whether or not a gun is concealable

1. a good belt
    2. a good holster
    3. how long one has been carrying

and to elaborate on #3, when i first started carrying, i thought carrying a little .38 was like trying to hide a basketball, then as i got comfortable, moved up to a g19 then a g22, and now a g21. what im saying is, the longer/more experience you have in carrying, the less you are concerned about "zero" printing.:wavey:
  20. Bassman1985

Bassman1985 NRA member

May 16, 2006
    I carry my 21 in a Don Hume 715 IWB at about 3:30. Wearing an untucked Hawaiian shirt that's about a size too large helps. To help avoid printing, a shirt with a pattern is a great asset. Does a great job of breaking up the outline of the grip and the back of the slide. In winter with a jacket on over the shirt, nobody will have a clue until I clear leather that it's even there. The first time I carried when I went home to visit the folks, I unholstered for my dad and his exact words were "Where the hell did THAT come from?" He's been looking into CCW back in TX, but he's worried about concealing his Beretta 92FS. I gave him a few pointers on CCW with a service pistol.

And for the record, I'm 5'10" and about 200 lbs. Concealment is also much easier if your gut doesn't stick out further than your chest. That tends to make the weapon stick out at odd angles.
    glockzilla10mm and Poohgyrr like this.