close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20C?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ctrout, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ctrout

ctrout

I have never owned a Glock before but I saw a 20C at my local pawn shop painted up all nasty brown with Krylon or something. Looks like crap. Anyway, I don't suppose that there's any way to remove the paint without ruining the polymer underneath is there?

Next question, I've seen that there are several model 20s out there, the 20SF, 20, and now this 20C. What makes the 20C a 20C and not a 20SF or just a 20?

Last question. Considering that the gun is not cosmetically perfect, what is a good price for it? They are asking $449 I think and they have usually been willing to move 20-30% on guns when I show cash so that means I might be able to get it for as little as about $335-$360 out the door.

2. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

The 20C is the compensated model. It has a ported barrel, and cutouts in the slide matching the barrel ports.

I think the asking price is high for a butchered paint job Glock. I would pay $325, and hope there is some way of stripping the paint.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

3. DerekL

DerekL

The paint will come off with some nail polish remover.

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

This is probably the case . . . unless the guy used something like an epoxy. My other concern would be that he might have roughed up the surface of the entire frame to allow for better adhesion of the paint. Would the seller allow you to take a little acetone to a very small spot somewhere?

5. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

Use non-acetone nail polish remover and some elbow grease, it'll work well... Even if the frame is roughed up a little it'll still perform well, it's similar to stippling the frame which I'm not a fan of but many others are

6. Chris Miller

Chris Miller

Why not bead blast it?

7. elijah58

elijah58

I have the G22C and love it, have the G20 and wish it was a C model. The C models like the other post says are ported barrels to keep the muzzle from rising during rapid fire, And I can truly attest to that fact that the muzzle stays right in the middle of the target without much effort. Get the G20C and if you can't get the Paint off then I will buy it from you.:supergrin::supergrin:

8. ctrout

ctrout

I'm not a fan of compensate guns. Just thought that if this was a great deal it might be worth considering. I think that if I really want one, I'll just get the current model 20 with adjustable sights for $486. I don't want to buy someone else's problem just because it's cheap.

9. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

SF models are short frame models, the grip is slightly smaller to accommodate your hands, I recommend the 20sf, and I wear XL gloves...

10. ctrout

ctrout

I'll take a look at both. The price is the same.