close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 20 Recoil Springs?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by sakecover, Apr 25, 2011.

1. sakecover

sakecover

Aug 28, 2009
    I've heard that a Wolff 21 Lb. recoil spring is required to shoot the hotter 10mm rounds.. Anyone know where the best place to buy this item would be? Also is this all that I need?

Thanks!

Sakecover

2. Jdog

Jdog

Sep 10, 2007
    wasatch range
    i have the stock spring, the wolff 21lb spring and the lasermax spring for my G20
    they all handle the hotter double tap loads similarly. I can't really tell the difference... maybe if I shot multiple boxes at a time I could tell... (it's either gas for my car.... or boxes of double tap so I can play around w/my springs... can't afford both!)

3. sakecover

sakecover

Aug 28, 2009

All of them including the stock spring? Also would the 22 Lb work just about the same as 21 Lb for hotter rounds? :yawn:

Would a 21-22 Lb spring be able to take weaker loads just fine too?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. IMO the G20 is waaay undersprung for shooting "full power" 10mm loads. I went to a mid range heavier spring and Wolff uncaptured steel rod in mine--what a difference! Regards,

Nail

5. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    I use a aftermarket 22# spring to help me keep my ejected brass near but it is not required. Some of my loads are very warm.

6. sakecover

sakecover

Aug 28, 2009

I might go with 22 Lb if it is about the same as 21 lb. :dunno: