Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Glock 19c

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Armedleprechaun, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Mas, I'm in the market for a Glock 19. I foolishly sold the one I owned previously. However, my LGS only has a 19c. It would be used for CCW, and all around defense. Thoughts?
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    The 19C with recoil compensation cuts in the barrel may or may not make a big difference in muzzle jump with the mild 9mm round. If firing from a protected gun position, you'd be better served with a standard configuration 19, since in most of those stances hot gas and debris can be blasted up t hrough the comp ports toward the shooter's eyes and face.

Also, if you shoot IDPA or GSSF stock gun competition, you'd need to put a standard barrel in the 19C to make it match-legal.

3. Also, have seen people get burned? I would have gotten a standard Glock 19. However, my LGS only had the 19c. If it weren't for the current buying frenzy, I would have ordered one. Thank you for your input. :)