Glock Talk banner

Glock 19 ?

Tags
glock 19
3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  clarkz71 
#1 ·
What year was my Model 19 made? The serial # is TN xxx . Is this a Gen 1? I bought it new but can't remember when, think it was in the late 80's. Thanks.

#3 ·
Just FYI, A good way to tell the generations apart:
Gen 1- flat grip all around with rough edges
Gen 2- Checkering on front and rear straps of handle
Gen 3- Finger grooves added, accessory rail, loaded chamber indicator
Gen 4- interchangeable backstraps, different grip
These are only the cosmetic differences that immediately allow you to tell the generations apart. There are of course mechanical differences as well among the generations.

#4 ·
Thanks, I also just read that ones as early as mine are more prone to fire accidentaly if dropped. Is this really a serious concern? I bought mine new back in, I guess 1991. I never shot it much , maybe two or three mags. I now decided to shoot it some. I got several boxes of Hirtenberger Ammo, that I bought at the same time, figured I would use it up. One more question. Have any of you put one of those laser sights that fit in the pistol? If so where they good? Or should I get one that goes on the grip? Thanks

#10 ·
WOW, the people at Glock sure are fast. I emailed them late yesterday. They replied this morning. As you say mine does need the update. They sent me instructions how to send it to them. The funny thing is I had this pistol for 22 years and not until yesterday did I know that might need updates. One great thing about the internet,even an old fool such as I can learn something.Thank you guys for all of the info. Have a nice day!

#11 ·
WOW, the people at Glock sure are fast. I emailed them late yesterday. They replied this morning. As you say mine does need the update. They sent me instructions how to send it to them. The funny thing is I had this pistol for 22 years and not until yesterday did I know that might need updates. One great thing about the internet,even an old fool such as I can learn something.Thank you guys for all of the info. Have a nice day!
Good luck with the refit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.