close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 19 vs Steyr M-A1

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Glock_19_9x19, May 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    BOGs, I'm considering swapping my G19 for a Steyr M-A1
    Should or shouldn't I?

My other option is to sell my G19 and get a G26.

I need help on these..thanks

2. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

Jul 8, 2005
    eh di, hindi ka na Glock_19_9X19 :supergrin:

keep your g-19 and save up for the g-26,puede pa yung mags ng 19 mo sa 26 :cool:

or just keep your g-19:)

goodluck!!

3. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    The features Steyr has that Glock doesn't have:

1. Conventional Rifling (Negligiable decrease in accuracy but you can use lead bullets more)

2. Better grip angle.

3. Triangular sights.

I've tried both the Glock and the Steyr M-A1 and honestly, there's not much of a noticable different except probably for the grip. IMO, the Steyr's grip is better.

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    If the Steyr fits your hand better, if you can shoot it more easily, and if you can find a well-stocked local source for Steyr parts and accessories (holsters, magazines, springs, and other wear and tear replacement items), then go for the Steyr. Otherwise, if there's nothing wrong with the G19 and you want to buy another gun "just because," then I'll echo St. Matthew's suggestion: keep the G19 and save up for the G26 :)

5. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH

:supergrin: You're ryte about that hehehe Dapat change din ako username
    The Steyr, i saw sa Aquila Firearms looked good though..Na-tempt lang yata ako. Must draw on the powers of the Dark Side some more..

Oh well! I'll save for another glock nalang and keep my G19 :)

Thanks!

6. kEep your g19 bro! save money for the g26. g19 for ipsc production/idpa and g26 for carry. just my 2 cents bro.:)

7. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sila Deenoh ang dealer dito satin ng steyr...and i would assume that parts and accessories won't be a problem at all. i'm also contemplating on buying a steyr for carry ung 40 not the 9m though...parang nakakasawa na ang dating ng glock eh :)

Deenoh,

pwede ba pa test fire? :supergrin:

8. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    Sure, pwedeng pwede. Let's set a date and a range, I'll bring my unit para ma-testing

9. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    yehey!! sige i'll se my schedule and i'll let u know..thanks!!
    :supergrin:

10. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    ako din pakalabit hehe.what is your demo unit sir 9mm or 40?did the spare mags arrived already?thanks.

11. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Lytham St Annes, UK
    Deenoh, Is your moonwalk range operational already? Sama narin ako sa test fire session if you're holding it there. :supergrin:

12. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    SMB, open na yun range! Bring your friends over and try it out. We've expanded the place. I'll post a pic of the new range at our site probably tomorrow if I get the time.

Kristiansen, yup. The extra magazines are here.

Pwede sumama, wag lang marami ha :) We might not fit inside the range.

13. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    should we bring our ammo? :) or may free trial ammo ?? hehehe :supergrin:

14. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    KKB, kaya kanyang bala :) SMB, I'll be at the range tomorrow around 10am if you want to check out the place.

15. on my case, i wouldnt put my trust on new with minimal review guns. i'll still go with my glock and my HK kasi, subok ko na talaga. steyrs i believe were just recent, right?
    before i get a new gun, i also try to read the reviews by buyers, history of the product and i also ask gun store salesmen here before i spend for it.

16. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    i think steyr has been around for quite some time na, diba popular nga yung bullpup steyr aug rifle nila. yung pistol i think at least 5 years na. yung desiners galing yata sa glock dati and improved ergonomics kasi yung grip nakalubog sa kamay kaya better recoil handling.

17. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    The Steyr pistol has been around since early 2000. The design, Bubits, first approached Glock with the design for the Steyr M pistol but was rejected by Glock due to Bubits' design since IIRC Glock reasoned that there was no need to change Glock's design. Bubits instead went to Steyr Mannlicher and developed the M series pistol with them.

18. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    I STAND CORRECTED, BUT MY STORY IS NEAR NA DIBA. ANYWAY I THINK RECOIL CONTROL WOULD BE BETTER BECAUSE IT WOULD SIT LOWER IN THE HAND.