Glock Talk banner

Glock 19 vs M&P9c today

Tags
glock 19
6K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  RYT 2BER 
#1 ·
Shot a G19 and M&P9c today. I own the M&P9c and the G19 was borrowed from a friend. was thinking of getting a G19 or a G23 myself...

I figured if I'm doing the switch over, I need to shoot and see for myself. I carry a G22 for duty, so I thought G19 would be a good off duty gun.

anyways, shot them side by side today. I have to say I couldn't feel a single differnece. Both pistols recoiled the same, felt the same, weighed the same, shot the same out of my hands. during slow fire at 20 feet, both grouped the same as well...

However when I did a rapid fire (5 rounds) which I shoot as soon as the front sight is aimed at my target, the M&P came out ahead. also at 20 yards, the M&P came out ahead as well.

I was shooting slightly high and left with the glock 19. I shot the same pistol before, and didn't have this issue, so I'm not sure what was up with that. M&P was dead on. It actually shot the Winch 147gr ammo REALLY well. I never had it perform this well before (makes me wanna switch ammo from speer 124+ to 147 ammo now)

Anyways, pictures are worth a thousand words, so here ya go...

PS- I think I'm going to just stick with my M&P9c for off duty use since I shoot it so well. for the G22, I will get a conversion barrel, and if I decide to shoot some kind of match/training with it, I'll put a 9mm barrel in it if I don't have .40 on hand.

20 feet slow fire (G19 top, M&P9c bottom)

Glock 19 rapid fire (20 feet)

M&P9c rapid fire (20 feet)

Glock 19 20 yards

M&P9c 20 yards

See less See more
#8 ·
Interesting report - thanks. Based on what you said I think I would stick with the M&P or maybe try it against a G26.

#9 · (Edited)
I have both and enjoy shooting both, the only thing I like better about the 19 is the slightly longer grip.
actually, with the finger extension plate, the MP9C is slightly longer. with the flat plate, it's closer to G26 dimensions

Here are 2 side by sides for you

Interesting report - thanks. Based on what you said I think I would stick with the M&P or maybe try it against a G26.
Give it a try, you never know. Like I said, to me, they feel alike. my fiance prefered the M&P... she didn't like the area on the glock by where the trigger guard and the grip meet. there is that indent to fit your finger in there. she said it bothered it (ironically, I really liked that feature)

I prefer M&P's as well. I just wish S&W would make a mid size M&P in 9/40. Thinking like a 14-15 shot 9mm the size of the M&P45c. That would be my ideal carry gun.
I hear you. the compact is between a G26 and a G19. they kind of went in the middle and called it a day. I can conceal a G19 no problem though, so the M&P9c is even easier.

could it be that glock's sight picture is a 6 0' clock hold?
You know, it probably is. I was shooting POA/POI with the g19 like I did with the M&Pc, it would at least explain the shooting slightly high issue.

I do like the grip better on the 19 as the M&P just feels crowded. I like everything else about the M&P better though.
hmm, I think they are same in a way too. glock has more going on actually, the front finger grooves. for the M&P, all you have is the backstraps. which the gen 4s have now.

I had both for a time, but my M&P9c was wildly inaccurate in my hands and others.

I put them head to head and there was no comparison.
Well, pictures are worth a thousand words. Not saying one is better than the other, but you can see side by side from the same shooter.

in my opinion, these things are so alike, whatever you have, there is no point of switching.

I can honestly pick up one of them, and shoot it just as good as the other.

#10 ·
M&P's are fine guns.

My M&P 5: Pro

My M&P 9c

In fact these guns shoot so well

That I'm not sure I own the 9c - my wife seems to have confiscated it :wow:

S&W has done a very good job with the M&P line.

:cool:

#11 ·
The butt on the 9c doesn't print quite as much as the G19. Not a huge difference though. Interestingly they are almost exactly the same weight even though the G19 carries three more rounds. I do like the 4" barrel on the G19.

#14 ·
I am partial to the glock platform but I think the mp series is great.

I owned an mp9c and I shot it better than any other 9mm..

I did however sell it as I wanted to stick with consistently in the glock platform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.