Glock 19 Leather Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Bobbyboy332, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bianchi 101-16.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper
    Lifetime Member

All leather holsters have break-in periods. Kydex will scratch your Glock, leather, not so much.

3. Thank you all so much for your advice. I have a lot of options to chose from.

4. Leather wont eat a polymer frame like a plastic holster will.
    Leather wont build up an electro-static charge that attracts debris to scratch the gun.

#24 fullhouse, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  5. http://www.lobogunleather.com/

Lobo will make you a custom holster for about the same price as many of the factory made ones and they are a good holster.

As some have said, leather holsters take a little while to break in. A well known trick is to wrap your pistol in a gallon size baggie and jam it in the holster, check it after several hours and keep checking until it feels right.
    It will still hold secure when it is on your belt.

Cant also comes into play which is why most holsters used in competition have zero cant. The draw is faster but cant in a holster can make concealment easier as it rotates the grip forward.

Lots to choose from, Good Luck!

6. I use and El Paso Saddlery Summer Cruiser for my G23 that I am happy with. Once broken in it is pretty smooth.

7. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

This is a good choice.

8. Just bought a MTR leather slide for 9/40/357 from gunners alley. I wore it all day at the range helping with ccw classes and it works great. Good retention and I was able to draw easily when I had to. A good deal.

9. I have a Don Hume 721ot, but I don't use it anymore.
    The 721 is a good holster, I just use kydex now.

10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I carry my 1989 G17 in an old Bianchi 4/4L holster.