close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 kkm precision drop in barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOCKFAN1973, Apr 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GLOCKFAN1973

GLOCKFAN1973
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone had any experience using a kkm drop in match barrel,is it worth it? Are the groups really that much better and is the reliability ok

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

If you are a really good shooter, your groups may be about one inch smaller at 25 yards.

3. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

I have to say that posting on a gun forum to me seems somewhat problematic.
    There are literally thousands of folks reading with an extreme spread of skill and experience with handguns.

So I can answer questions honestly.
    With actual experiences I've had.
    But even with the best intentions that may not translate.
    Or worse yet even mislead.

When I think back 20 years ago I bought a S&W 629 44 Mag
    and shot the crap out of it.
    So much I loosened the cylinder and had to have it re-tightened by a gunsmith.
    I could put 6 magnum 240 Hydra shoks in a soft ball sized group.

Few moths ago I pulled that bad boy out of storage.
    Loaded it up with more magnum 240 Hydra shoks.
    And fired six rounds into a single ragged hole.

The gun hadn't changed.
    The ammo hadn't changed.
    But I had.

So can I, today, tell the difference between Glock OEM and Storm Lake barrels?
    You bet.
    Can you?
    Maybe? Maybe not.

20 years ago I would have spent the money.
    And not been skilled enough to even notice the difference.
    I'm just saying...

#3 barth, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  4. farscott

farscott
    Expand Collapse

I like the KKM barrels for shooting lead and/or shooting reloads loaded to 1911 OAL. In my very limited experience (sample size of two), the KKM barrels are short-chambered and one needs to use a finish reamer.

I plan to get a KKM barrel for my incoming G35 so I can shoot the same reloads I use in my SV Limited gun. KKM can make an accurate barrel as the barrel in my Sams 9x19 PPC gun is a KKM and that gun shoots 1.47" ten-shot groups at fifty yards from the Ransom rest. Barrel fit is key for accuracy. For best accuracy, I would not use a drop-in barrel.

Bar-Sto also offers an excellent (accurate and good feeding) Glock barrel based on a shooting buddy's experience.

5. Aquagear

Aquagear
    Expand Collapse

I have KKM barrels in both my G19 and G34. I am very happy with them. My groups tightened up a bit with both pistols, not by huge amounts but it was noticeable. The main reason I got them was to shoot lead reloads, however as mentioned in the post above they have tight chambers. If you reload you should check your rounds in the KKM barrel, I had to seat my rounds a little deeper to get them to chamber properly.:wavey:

6. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

KKM barrels are great.

7. gunsmithlee

gunsmithlee
    Expand Collapse

I dropped a KKM in my Glock 24c. I had to ditch the factory ported barrel so I could use it in the limited division. The KKM dropped right in, no modification was needed, no trimming the hood. And it fit up tight, just a little tighter than the factory barrel. I didn't notice any real difference in accuracy myself, but I never benched the gun. All I know is I didn't have any problems, the gun functioned reliable, and its still more accurate than I'm capable of shooting.

If your going to go all the way, just get a bar-sto barrel. Don't get a KKM unless you just need it for lead bullets and more chamber support, and don't have the budget for a bar-sto.

8. whitebread

whitebread
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I only have experience with the KKM 10mm barrels, but from what I have seen, they are top notch quality. The lockup is much tighter than an OE barrel and it has much better chamber support. A handgun is a handgun, IMO, so talking about accuracy between the two is futile. I believe a shooter would benefit from their barrels if they are experiencing case bulging from hot hand-loads and/or want to shoot cast bullets. For the price difference between KKM and Lone Wolf (which I also have experience with), I think the KKM is a much better buy. The overall fit and finish is better than I have seen on other aftermarket barrels. They also come with a polished feed ramp, which saves the user some time.

9. AquaHull

AquaHull
    Expand Collapse

Good advice and nice username.:wavey:

10. kashdaddy

kashdaddy
    Expand Collapse
    Glockaholic

check out my review with the G19 and KKM v.s OEM. I also include some pictures in the review. Do a search and you will find it. Also include a MGSL for wonders.