close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 IWB Holster Questions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by tacomatrd, Jun 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tacomatrd

tacomatrd

Jul 22, 2009
    I just purchased a 19 for EDC. I was looking for the most comfortable holster and to conceal the pistol the best. I am 6ft tall and 165 pounds. After all the research I have done it seems that the Comp-Tec holsters are very popular. Is this holster going to conceal and be comforable to carry? Is it worth the money? I have been carrying a Beretta Nano in an Old Faithful Holster but, just can't get used to it. The 19 just feels right. Just need a great holster now for it.

2. MTAC is cheap for what you get IMO, and is one of the most comfortable holsters I have worn.

3. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009
    The Comptac's are nice; a lot of people don't like the plastic clips, though;

I was carrying in a Crossbreed Supertuck until I found these: http://hhholsters.highwire.com/

He's doing really nice work, with a lot of custom touches that the others either charge extra for or don't even offer, and at a good price;

He's a small one-man shop, but he gets the rigs out pretty quick, even with things like personalization , and he takes a lot of pride in his work.

Check his gear out, you will pleased that you did.

4. Yes Yes and Yes. Great holster from a good company and the people I've dealt with there have been awesome. Super customer service!

If you're thinking about a Milt Sparks, Top Gun Supply just got some in stock. They will go fast. I've been dealing with them for a couple of years and have had excellent customer service.

5. Yeah I thought I wouldn't like the clips but I've actually had great results with them. For me the hard part (not that hard) was tweaking the adjustment to my liking.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
  7. Another neat part of the MTAC is the ability to change the Kydex Sheath to accomodate another model gun...

The clips are not an issue for me.

Like I said, price wise the MTAC is a deal, but if you wanna look at more pricey holsters - and there are many, but another poster mentioned Milt Sparks...his versa max ll is a great holster IMO.

8. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    +1 for the MTAC, it just works.

9. NFK

NFK

Feb 6, 2010
    Brommeland Max-Con V. Pricey, but extremely comfortable and the G19 will disappear. Service Grade works fine.

10. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    If you intend to carry at 12:30-2 O'Clock, there exist better options, such as the CCC Shaggy, but if you intend to carry at 3-4 O'Clock, the Comp-Tac MTAC is as comfortable as it gets. Whether it will conceal - or not - will depend upon your dress and deportment; you cannot ever allow yourself to forget that it is there.

11. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    If you want to save a little bit get the CompTac Spartan.I've carried my G19, G30,and G26 in the same Spartan holster for over a year with zero issues. Same c-clips the entire time with no breakage or problems at all.

12. pizza

pizza

Feb 1, 2008
    I'm a big fan of the CTAC holster for my G19. I even wear it hiking with my backpack on. Very comfortable. I've done 10+ miles in a day with no discomfort. It conceals very well. I like the plastic clips. Very easy to remove the holster without removing my belt. Still using the original clips too for 4 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    Agreed. I'd buy MTAC's at twice the price. Don't tell Comp-Tac that, thought.

14. I carry my G19 in a Don Hume PCCH. I think it's the best IWB holster for the money. Inexpensive, well made, and comfortable.

15. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    I use a supertuck and couldn't be happier.

16. Comp-Tac MTAC user here as well. I'm also using their IWB mag carrier. Both are excellent products that make concealing and carrying my G19 and a spare mag easy and comfortable! Personally, I like the adjustability their clips offer.

17. Cruizer

Cruizer

Jan 22, 2012
    Port Richey, FL
  18. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    comptac minotaur

19. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Holy moly, Batman!

I couldn't imagine walking around all day with that stuck down the waistband of my jeans!

I carry everything from a G23, G35, G20, G21 and or a G21SF in a Glock holster OWB at 3:00.

I've been carrying Glocks for over 20 years and been carrying handguns for over 30years (I'm 48yo) and just never cared for IWB carry.

20. DrewF86

DrewF86

Jun 12, 2012
    Central FLorida
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck, tried an MTAC, and then went back to my Crossbreed. But that's just me.

I love my Crossbreed, but don't be afraid to try any of the more popular IWB hybrid holsters. You're going to end up with a box (or drawer) full of holsters no matter what you do.