close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by burttrans, Aug 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. burttrans

burttrans

I am picking my Glock 19 Gen 4 up in a couple of days and the big questions should I go with tradional black or Flat Dark Earth? This will be my first Glock and I really like the FDE; my buddy gun dealer hates the color of the FDE. He owes me a favor and said he will sell at cost. The problem is that he has the black in stock and does not have the FDE in stock and not sure if he can get one.

What color do you guys like and what would you guess the cost of a FFL dealer to be on these guns?

2. elliotb33

elliotb33

Get the FDE you like it plus you can sell it for more if you change mind.
    FFL charge is 15-25 bucks usually.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

I'm a basic black kind of guy,that said You have to get what you want.That and if I could find a G 22 olive drab in good condition and reasonable,I'd jump on it. SJ 40

4. ctfireman

ctfireman

I'd get the FDE. Love the look & it'll be easy to flip later if need be.

5. AndrewG23

AndrewG23

Where are yo finding a FDE at? I would love to find one in OD green myself if I could but I don't feel like paying 800 bucks for a Glock lol

6. barth

barth six barrels

Color is a personal choice.
    Get what you want.
    Wait if you have too.
    You should be getting a quality gun that will last you a lifetime.

7. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

I really like the color of my G17 Dark Earth, but I'd buy the black G19 at dealer cost rather than buy a Dark Earth Glock at retail plus transfer cost.

8. burttrans

burttrans

I will find out Tuesday the difference in cost between the standard black and the FDE. If he can get an FDE for me the cost will be the deciding factor. I can get a NIB Glock 19 Gen 4 for about $480 which is a great deal in my area but like I mentioned before the FFL dealer owes me a favor. I just hope he can order from the wholesaler Lipseys for a decent price. I would happily go to $525 range.

9. erichodges

erichodges Senior Member

10. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

I love my Gen 4 G 19 FDE :tongueout:

11. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I'd go with the FDE!! I thought about picking up the G19 FDE from the LGS this weekend.

12. burttrans

burttrans

I got good news yesterday my dealer has one Flat Dark Earth Glock and its the exact one I wanted Glock 19 Gen4 in yes Flat Dark Earth. I am going to pick it up soon and price was great $500 plus tax he has sold a few at $550. I hope to have pics in a day or two.

13. vmann

vmann Controller

i think the fde looks like dog doo....i saw one in person for the first time yesterday at cabellas....i will stick with black...i do however like the old od frames....

14. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

I didn't even know that Glock was making a FDE color!!!:shocked:
    Can someone post a pic? Are they making the 26 in FDE? That would be awesome to get, since I have the OD 26 version.:supergrin:

15. FMF Doc

FMF Doc

I prefer the FDE, but didn't feel like waiting, so I got mine in black through the MIL/LEO blue-lable program.

16. burttrans

burttrans

I can respect your opinion they certainly will not trip everyones trigger but I like them. And so do many others that is why they are so hard to find and selling at a premium. I could not pass up a Glock 19 Gen4 FDE for $500 NIB.

17. burttrans

burttrans

No they are not making 26 in FDE look at Lipseys Guns they are exclusive wholesaler of FDE they show G17 G19 G22 G23 G21 I think both Gen 3 and Gen 4.

18. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

No sub-compacts at all in FDE...Bummer:frown:

The color is quite a bit darker than other guns I have seen...S&W and SIG for example. If they made one in 26, I would grab it. Even at the outrageous price of 600 samolies.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  19. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

This past Sunday, a guy in the bay next to had FDE G20 which he kindly let me inspect and shoot. Looked great, shot even better...I had never shot that caliber or a full size before, though I think I would prefer the G29 for overall versatility. Congrats on the 19.
    Scott

20. JW1178

JW1178

It's kind of like "what color car should I buy" which is kind of like a taste thing, can't go wrong either way, same gun, just color choice. I don't even think the most strict deep southern country club will care if your Glock is all black or not. ;)

However I will say something about something that is two tone, as I have a two tone Chevy truck. I kind of wanted a solid color truck when I bought it, but settled on the two tone, now I'm glad it's two tone. It breaks up the color and it really grows on you and well, seeing a solid color truck, just looks like a massive blob of burgandy. (my truck is burgandy-pewter). However that is a truck. It would look real nice on the full size Glocks, such as I think the two tone G20/21's are a hell of a lot better looking than the regular black, but otherwise it's a toss up.

If you already have a solid color Glock, do the two tone OD. :supergrin:

(now a G17 should be solid black, classic, otherwise it's like a model T painted red)