Glock 19 gen 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billybadd, Feb 16, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    Just picked this one up, been looking for a bit and found this one FTF local. AWDxxx ('94 I think?)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    I now have a second Glock! Reloading Today at 12:05 AM
    Galco Leather holster for Glock 19/23/32 Holsters & Related Items Yesterday at 10:47 PM
    Can't decide on a new Glock General Glocking Yesterday at 10:27 PM
    My Glock 43 General Glocking Yesterday at 10:08 PM
    WTT Like New Glock 17 Gen4 for a Similar Glock 19 Gen4 Houston, TX Firearms Listings Yesterday at 9:56 PM

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

very nice.

4. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

5. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

With the old adjustable sight no less, LMK if you want a old fixed sight base, I think I got one I can send you, very easy to remove the old and add the new.
  6. Schaweeet!

7. Thanks guys, I thought about changing the sights out to something else just not sure what. The box is labeled fixed RS which leads me to believe someone added the rear one. Also noticed on the front sight it has a push clip style rather than the newer screw to hold it down. Not sure if that's how gen 2's are or not.

I detailed stripped the slide this morning and it is pretty dirty inside the extractor and striker channels. I'm going to clean it up, lube it, and run some rounds through it.
  8. Very nice, congrats.
  9. WT

Millennium Member

Your pistol predates those with the dang finger grooves.

Don't let it go!
  10. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Front sight is "staked", that's how the early guns were done. And I hope by saying you are going to lube it up, you don't mean lubing the striker channel and all that. Glocks need very little lube.

I got my gen1 17 last Spring and it was nasty dirty too.
  11. Ok cool, thanks. I know about not lubing striker channel. I just gave the complete thing a dawn bath in hot water, cleaned out the channels with alcohol, and lubed with the usual 4 drops of oil. I may shoot it some tonight.
  12. Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but these are definitely not going to work. The front "staked" sight is leaning a bit. I may do some night sight. I kinda bought this one so my wife could have her own personal firearm that she can get comfortable with.
  13. Congrats, nice find.
  14. congrats I'm jealous. I just traded for an early production 2 pin Gen3 G19 that I didn't even realize they made until I got it. I've thought about a Gen2 for a while because of the straight front strap, but after the work of art returned to me by Cold Bore Customs I figure I can still have that along with the rail. I can tell you those early production Glocks feel a lot different than the newer ones, very smooth action and well built. After only a week with my 2001 Gen3 I am sold on the earlier models and now I'm looking for another.
  15. Congrats! :cool:
  16. My gen2 19 AYXxxx has a BOD of 7/'94 nice find.
  17. One of the best.

18. Sweet, not sure if these required the 6 part upgrade or not. Mine has all silver internals.
  19. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Nice find. I'm jealous. I've got a 2nd gen (no finger grooves) G22. Love it! Good solid pistol.
  20. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

OK night sights are better, offer holds if ever you want a fixed rear, I carried a 2 gen GS prefix for years, then one day stumbled on a 2 gen G-23 CUG prefix. Never been happier, thought my 2 gen G-19 was the Glock of all Glocks till I got that G-23 well worn, LEO trade in .40.

Fits me like a glove and the wife gets the G-19.