Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Glock 19 - 1989 FOP Inaugural Model

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Glockboy2, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Glockboy2

Jun 19, 2012
    I would like to find out any more info on this Glock 19. I have never seen one for sale and little to no info on the Internet about it.

These Glocks were offered as an off-duty weapon to members of the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Dept. in March of 1989, with delivery in August of 1989. It is stamped: "1989 Inaugural Model" with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) symbol. It has factory night sites. This is when they started carrying Glocks.

I don't think there are very many out there since it was an optional purchase for D.C. police officers.

Any guess on its value?

Attached Files:

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000

3. kodiakpb

Jan 12, 2012
    Looks to be in great condition
  4. jkrubi

Dec 24, 2011
    I find it interesting that it does not have Austrian proof marks. Most Glocks from this period would have them.
  5. RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    That's cool!

6. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Jun 14, 2001
    Glockland, USA
    I was looking hard for it, too. Hmmm... strange. Maybe not from 1989 after all.
  7. Glockboy2

Jun 19, 2012
    I actually have 2 of these Glock 19s. I am not the original owner. I was friends with one of the officers. Some of his co-workers needed money so I picked them up in the early 90s.

The first has Serial # FUxxx which does have the proof marks.

The second has Serial # LZxxx which does not have the proof marks.

Maybe they were manufactured in more than one production run?

Additional pictures attached.

Attached Files:

8. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Jun 14, 2001
    Glockland, USA
    From the Serial Number Thread: FUxxx is in the 1989 year range and LZxxx is in the 1990 year range.

ZTD date code on the FUxxx serial decodes to Jun '89 test fire.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  9. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    These pistols were contracted through FOP Lodge #1, Washington, D.C. They are a bit rare, unless you have a connection, like you found. Because they were not ordered by the Dept., I consider these commemoratives, rather than police-agency-marked Glocks, which means, these are actually the first commemoratives Glock ever made (pre-dating the Desert Storm by a couple years).

I did not know there were two separate production runs, but I know there wasn't a huge number made.

As to value, I've been haggling with a retired DC ofcr. who tells me he has 3-4 of these. He thinks they should be worth a couple thousand each, but I'm the only person in 10 years to make him a serious offer, and, let's just say, we're far apart. In another 10 years lots-to-most of these will show up in gunshops in northern VA at reasonable prices. I'm patient.