Glock Talk banner

Glock 18

10K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  mboylan 
#1 ·
Just read a short article on the glock 18... seems facinating. Anyone have any info about them?

#29 ·
That video renegadeGlocker posted shows an 18c very controllable all thing considered. Same with the lock and load video with Jesse Abbate. So how come people, most likely people who never shot one, claim they're so useless? Rhetorical question there, anyway I'd love to possess one of these for some range fun, as would pretty much everyone in these threads! Cheers

Necroposting and I don't care, never do!

#30 ·
That video renegadeGlocker posted shows an 18c very controllable all thing considered. Same with the lock and load video with Jesse Abbate. So how come people, most likely people who never shot one, claim they're so useless?
They can be controllable after practice. The first time I shot a converted G34, it was something akin to a 5 round burst and the last shot landed in the ceiling. Granted after 250 rounds I was able to pull off double taps on full auto, but most other SMG's like the MP5's and Uzi's are much easier to control.

It's not that the machine pistol is useless. It just has a small niche market, like VIP protection where bodyguards must be low profile in their carry weapons, yet still be able to break an ambush effectively.

#34 · (Edited)
Today I saw Saddam Hussein's Glock 18. It is in a display case in the GW Bush Library/museum at SMU in Dallas. It resides right outside the replica Bush Oval Office. The guide was very proud to say the Marines got him and his Glock. She has 2 brothers in the USMC. I tried to get a real close look but too many were looking at it. Which is a good thing. The guide did not know it was a full auto model 18. So I tipped her off.

The museum is well worth the visit. Parking can be scarce. It was a football game day but we got space in a garage around the corner.

One display is very moving. Tall, about 20 feet, twisted bent and literally ripped and torn beams from the World Trade Center.

Anyway, I saw Bush's presented war trophy from those who caught the SOB Hussein.

#35 · (Edited)
They are a lot of fun especially when someone else is paying for the ammo. This was an 18C that we borrowed from a Class 3 dealer for familiarization. I don't think there are any pre 86 transferrable ones that an individual could purchase. There could possibly be a pre 86 dealer sample somewhere. Only a dealer could aquire it but he could register it to himself when he gave up his SOT. If it is a post 86 dealer sample, he could not keep it after going out of business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_A3FmqSt6E
The GCA of 68 made all foreign full autos that were not already registered non-transferable. So, there is no way any transferable G18 could legally exist. Domestic and converted full autos were banned in 1986. Only 182,000 transferable full autos exist. Half of those belong to museums and law enforcement agencies.

#36 · (Edited)
I saw a pre 86 G17 conversion at the gun show this weekend. At first i thought i had found a gen 1 i have been looking for.
There were no transferable conversions for the Glock. Just because the gun that is wearing it is pre-86 does not make it transferable. The conversion device is usually the registered item unless the receiver is the full auto part. That had to be registered as transferable before 5/19/1986. Pre-86 is not enough to make it legal.

#38 ·
glock 18 and glock 17 are the same gun.. the glock 18 just has the selector .. glock 18c and glock 17c look different the glock 17c has 2 fire breathing holes the glock 18c has like 4-5 holes and a big windo cut out.. and the rears cut out also for weight.. other then that its the same exact gun.. a 17 with a drop in auto sear does the same thing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.