close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 18

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by stlgen423, Mar 5, 2011.

1. texmex

texmex

Nov 29, 2004
    Central Texas
    They are a lot of fun especially when someone else is paying for the ammo. This was an 18C that we borrowed from a Class 3 dealer for familiarization. I don't think there are any pre 86 transferrable ones that an individual could purchase. There could possibly be a pre 86 dealer sample somewhere. Only a dealer could aquire it but he could register it to himself when he gave up his SOT. If it is a post 86 dealer sample, he could not keep it after going out of business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_A3FmqSt6E

2. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    The G18 seems like a ton of fun. Oh, to dream...

3. mboylan

mboylan

May 11, 2007
    $250,000 and 10 years in federal prison is not easy.

UncleWillyT likes this.
  4. Easy as paying a yearly tax and getting a license.

People explode down buildings all the time, yet explosives are regulated, as are firearms, if you have a bona fide need then you will have the permits needed.

5. mboylan

mboylan

May 11, 2007
    Not quite that easy. You don't get the license unless you are running a legitimate business dealing in or manufacturing Title II arms. All local zoning laws must be followed. All local licenses must be obtained. Unless you are a manufacturer, like Red Jacket on TV, you also need a demo letter from an LEA for any post 86.

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Jun 13, 2000
    South Texas
    This thread appears every month. Can we please make a sticky about Glock 18s and why you can't have one?:upeyes:

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    That is what I saw the first 20 times then noticed the Glock :whistling:

8. diescheize11

diescheize11

Jun 14, 2012
    That video renegadeGlocker posted shows an 18c very controllable all thing considered. Same with the lock and load video with Jesse Abbate. So how come people, most likely people who never shot one, claim they're so useless? Rhetorical question there, anyway I'd love to possess one of these for some range fun, as would pretty much everyone in these threads! Cheers

Necroposting and I don't care, never do!

9. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Aug 23, 2008
    Beavercreek, OH
    They can be controllable after practice. The first time I shot a converted G34, it was something akin to a 5 round burst and the last shot landed in the ceiling. Granted after 250 rounds I was able to pull off double taps on full auto, but most other SMG's like the MP5's and Uzi's are much easier to control.

It's not that the machine pistol is useless. It just has a small niche market, like VIP protection where bodyguards must be low profile in their carry weapons, yet still be able to break an ambush effectively.

10. diescheize11

diescheize11

Jun 14, 2012
    Yeah, roger that. From the tactical standpoint I def hear ya.

11. I've shot every caliber but .357Sig out of a Glock with an Auto sear. Every caliber was controllable even with mag dumps.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

12. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Mar 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Valley, PA
    I saw a pre 86 G17 conversion at the gun show this weekend. At first i thought i had found a gen 1 i have been looking for.

13. par4buffett

par4buffett

Nov 4, 2012
    north Houston
    Today I saw Saddam Hussein's Glock 18. It is in a display case in the GW Bush Library/museum at SMU in Dallas. It resides right outside the replica Bush Oval Office. The guide was very proud to say the Marines got him and his Glock. She has 2 brothers in the USMC. I tried to get a real close look but too many were looking at it. Which is a good thing. The guide did not know it was a full auto model 18. So I tipped her off.

The museum is well worth the visit. Parking can be scarce. It was a football game day but we got space in a garage around the corner.

One display is very moving. Tall, about 20 feet, twisted bent and literally ripped and torn beams from the World Trade Center.

Anyway, I saw Bush's presented war trophy from those who caught the SOB Hussein.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  14. mboylan

mboylan

May 11, 2007
    The GCA of 68 made all foreign full autos that were not already registered non-transferable. So, there is no way any transferable G18 could legally exist. Domestic and converted full autos were banned in 1986. Only 182,000 transferable full autos exist. Half of those belong to museums and law enforcement agencies.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  15. mboylan

mboylan

May 11, 2007
    There were no transferable conversions for the Glock. Just because the gun that is wearing it is pre-86 does not make it transferable. The conversion device is usually the registered item unless the receiver is the full auto part. That had to be registered as transferable before 5/19/1986. Pre-86 is not enough to make it legal.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. breakingcontact

breakingcontact

Jul 17, 2013
    Austin
    True and he sure didn't use it at the end.

17. red_90teg

red_90teg

Jun 2, 2016
    glock 18 and glock 17 are the same gun.. the glock 18 just has the selector .. glock 18c and glock 17c look different the glock 17c has 2 fire breathing holes the glock 18c has like 4-5 holes and a big windo cut out.. and the rears cut out also for weight.. other then that its the same exact gun.. a 17 with a drop in auto sear does the same thing..

18. The Faux King

The Faux King Built To Spill

Mar 29, 2013
    KC
    image.jpg

Bronco912 likes this.
  19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Why is that?