close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 17 IWB Holster?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SystemaEncephale, Feb 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SystemaEncephale

SystemaEncephale

Jul 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Alright guys, I am looking to purchase my first IWB holster for everyday carry G17. However, I am having a tough time deciding and am hoping you guys have some suggestions based on your own preference and experience. Now here is some information about my body type to give you a better idea of what to suggest. I am 5.9" weighing at 140lb. I do not wear baggy clothes at all. I prefer clothes that fit and are not loose by any means.

The holsters that currently have caught my eye is the White Hat IWB holster, Crossbreed Super Tuck, & SideArmor IWB. I prefer to carry the firearm at my 4-5 o clock position.

Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it!

2. jayhuh

jayhuh

Nov 30, 2005
    The OC in So CA
    Sparks VM II if you have 6-8 months to wait. If not, Comp-Tac MTAC or Infidel in that order. Lots of folks love the Crossbreed stuff but I do not have personal experience with them so whatever I say would be hearsay.

3. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Theis holsters are the best out there for the money IMO. Great guy to deal with as well.

4. theundeadelvis

theundeadelvis

Jan 24, 2012
    I've got a 17, and I'm 5'9" 150. I just ordered a Raven Concealment Systems modular holster. Unfortunately, it's still in transit. If you haven't decided by next week, feel free to pm me, and I'll give you my feedback.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

5. Streetglider08

Streetglider08

Jan 24, 2012
  6. Currahee88

Currahee88

Jan 28, 2012
  7. theundeadelvis

theundeadelvis

Jan 24, 2012
    Got my Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Modular today. It looks nice, but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, but it fits the 17 like a glove.

8. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Mar 9, 2009
    Vermont
    Man...a 5'9" dude that weighs 140 is capable of effectively concealing a G17?
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously, let's hear from those that effectively conceal such a large grip frame with normal clothes....

9. This is me (Im 5'6", 160#) when I was still carrying a Colt Commander. These days, its a 17. No troubles either way, and I've carried a full sized handgun this way for every waking minute of every day for the last 30+ years now. A light shirt in the summer, and a fleece or sweatshirt in the winter is all it takes to keep it out of sight.

One thing Ive never understood, is why people say they cant. Its not about "cant", its about "want". Those who say they cant, just dont want to.

[​IMG]

10. troysglock

troysglock Member

Jul 6, 2008
    TX
    Comp-tac MTAC conceals the full size really well.

11. mknpwr

mknpwr

Jul 18, 2011
    Crossbreed super tuck for the 17. Very happy with mine.

12. theundeadelvis

theundeadelvis

Jan 24, 2012
    Here's a pic with my RCS Phantom and G17 at 5 o'clock. The tee I'm wearing is super thin. If I bend over, it sticks out like a sore thumb, but I usually wear a sweatshirt which conceals it even better. I'm 5'9" 150.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

13. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I use a crossbread with my 19, sometimes with my 22.

14. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Jul 9, 2000
    Snohomish, WA. USA
    My favorite for carrying a G17 IWB is the Blade Tech NANO. The most comfortable IWB I have ever used and I have tried just about all of them.

15. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Crossbreed, Stow-N-Go, BladeTech or a smaller gun. The last gets my vote in daily carry and I have the prior three.

16. Gaucho

Gaucho Jungian

Jul 20, 2011
    Great Southwest
    Galco Kingtuk. Works great with my 17 and 26 and 32.

[​IMG]

17. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Here is what I have:

Galco SC2 - leather - IWB with Thumb Break - I'm a thumb break kind of guy.

CompTAC MTAC - (or similar) this is probably the way to go for many guys. very comfortable, leather backing, Kydex shell. Very easy to position. Not too bulky as the clips are offset. You can also swap the Kydex shells and use the same mounting for different pistols.

CompTAC Infidel - IWB Kydex with loops. Or you can have a clip. I've seen guys use the C-Clips from the MTAC on this with good results. Suprisingly comfortable, good retention.

RCS Phantom - really thin IWB Kydex, also great OWB, you can reconfigure by ordering the extra parts for attachments when you order. If you like Kydex, this or something similar is a good way to go.

Something I don't own but have heard good word about - Blade Tech Nano

Any of the above should be comfortable all day. However, you know the bottom line to concealment is body shape and size and the clothing you wear. If you can't change the body shape, and you won't alter the clothing, you might have to look into something smaller and thinner or another mode of carry - ye ole fanny pack, or something. Good luck man. Recommend you go to WalMart and buy those little plastic tubs with lids so you can keep all your holsters sorted. Don't feel bad, we all have the "collection" until we find a couple that work for us in various circumstances.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012