close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 17 Gen 2 valuation

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sproket, Feb 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sproket

sproket

Jan 22, 2013
    Considering selling my seldom used G17, I bought it new in 1992 from McBride's here in Austin. Paid $525.

Two mags, original box and papers, etc., and original receipt. Probably shot fewer than 100 rounds since new.

Any guidance as to what it is worth is much appreciated. :)

Pics here.

2. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Even though I sense the panic buying of firearms (not accessories and ammo) has slowed a bit, I imagine that right now you could get up to $600-$700 at the very high end. Too high for me but someone really looking for a clean Gen2 or a noob would probably be willing to pay more.

You could get what you paid for it or a bit more pretty easily. If you're looking to sell quickly around that price the current market is conducive to that. Up on auction who knows how high...:dunno:

Put it up for auction with a reserve price and the free-market will tell you what it's worth. :supergrin:

3. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    Pics look great, I think you can get your $525 out of it, but probably not much more. I have seen some clean Gen 2 models sell for $450-$500 recently in my area, but they weren't quite as clean as yours.

4. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Nice slide show, you should be able to get your 4 back no problemo.

5. sproket

sproket

Jan 22, 2013