Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock 17 carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by tnvol45, Mar 16, 2013.

1. tnvol45

Feb 17, 2013
    I love my 17,every time I pull the trigger the bullet finds its mark somehow.It's like it's actually part of my hand.My home state of Tennessee allows permit holders to carry concealed or open,I want to carry my 17 concealed but it's kind of hard to do so.Before all the 19 owners chime in and tell me to buy one,I would carry this gun no matter the size,it just shoots outstanding for me and is reliable as the sunrise.That being said,what are my best options for holsters to try and keep this monster hid?Any info would be appreciated,I don't want to buy ten holsters before finding the right one.Does anyone have any experience carrying a 17 in one of these elastic shirt holster deals?
  2. packeagle

Mar 2, 2011
    Like the 5.11 holster shirt? I have one and its warm. It has a slow draw. I use it to CCW my .38 Bodyguard in dress cloths. Its deep concealment and works well with the small light pistols. I put my 22 in it when it was new and the grip protruded out the front and printed fairly well IMO. I like more tailored dress shirts.

I used to EDC my 22 in a White Hat Max Tuck holster. IMHO its the best way to comfortably carry the full size, except maybe in an OWB under a jacket. Get a good gun belt too.

I know you don't want to hear it, but a smaller gun made life easier for me. Not only can I wear less baggy clothing, but I feel like I have more mobility. As I'm less concerned about printing when leaning/bending over.

3. kp352g

Mar 13, 2005
  4. tnvol45

Feb 17, 2013
    I really like my 17,if I wanted to carry something tiny,I'd just stick my 9mm derringer in my front pocket.I do sometimes but I want the 17 and my derringer lol.I know it's a large pistol but a 19 is not much smaller at all,maybe a half inch difference.Like I said,I would like to carry concealed but if it isn't possible then I will still carry it anyway,I'm just looking for the best way to keep it covered most of the time.If someone catches a glimpse of it while I'm bending over or something so be it,but I am still interested in the best way to conceal it.

for OWB, the BlackHawk Serpa holster conceals very well. It hugs so close and high on your hip that a shirt has no problem concealing.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  6. I'm a Comp-Tac MTAC fan. My typical off duty carry is a G19, However, my issued G22 carries easily in it and conceals nearly as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
  7. pistollover

Mar 14, 2013
    I just ordered today from ebay a nylon holster for my 17 that is lined to reduce wear and tear on the firearm. It is USA made and for the holster and shipping is less than $26. Barsony is the name of the company.

Full size is the only size pistol I will carry and love them all.
  8. xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    IWB with a t-shirt and short sleeve button up or a vertical shoulder holster.

ETA: Smart carry type holster maybe.
  9. jthrelf

Sep 14, 2012
    You definitely need a good belt. I wasn't able to carry my 17 until I got a nice gun belt.

I prefer the IWB leather/kydex hybrids.

foxxholsters - $39 shipped... I'm happy with mine.
    white hat holster
    crossbreed supertuck (most expensive and longest ship time)
    Theis - $55 shipped
  10. +1 on the good belt!

1. Good stiff belt
    2. Good quality holster (use a M-Tac myself)
    3. Spend some time playing with different holster positions
    3. Dress like a slob. I could probably carry an AR15 pistol if I could find the right holster. LOL!

Have carried a G22 and a G17 in the past. Currently carry a commander sized 1911.
  11. sglock45

Jun 1, 2011
    bloomsburg pa
  12. Daniel r

Daniel r

Jul 29, 2012
    Middle Tn
    I carry a 21 IWB in a LAW Concealment Holster

Attached Files:

13. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    A good long tailed shirt will help with concealed carry, also a decent IWB holster makes it work even better.
  14. 4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    AIWB (Appendix Carry)

AIWB holsters, a pictorial guide

Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders

JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Keepers Concealment AIWB Kydex Holster

5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!!
  15. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    MTAC placed behind your front pocket IWB works for me with a G34
  16. Lior

Jul 23, 2004
    Holsters I have used to conceal a G17: MTAC, SmartCarry, Remora. There are plenty of others. Good gun, but remember to love people and use things, not vice versa.
  17. Zeebra724

Jun 19, 2012
    I carry my G17 daily and year round in my IWB Galco Summer Comfort--super comfortable (even with my short stature of 5'7") and well worth the $55 I paid for it...I echo the earlier comment that having the right gunbelt is key to any holster...good luck! I wear it at the 2:45 to 3:00 position. I've worn it with cargo shorts and polo shirt/button down short sleeve shirts and also with a suit and tie at more formal functions.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  18. I sometimes carry my duty G22 off duty....and I like the uncle mikes pancake holster....holds it nice a tight to the body, unlike the Kydex or others of that kind...I can get away with just a untucked shirt and it doesn't print...
  19. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Glock Sport Holster at 3:30-4:00 OWB with an open button-down shirt covering.

Comfy, cheap, BOMB-PROOF and no one will notice unless you bend straight over. Yes, those who are looking may notice, but 99.9% of people are oblivious and you just have to get over the "they are all staring at me" and then constantly adjusting and touching your 17.

I am 5'8" and 190 with love handles. If I can do it, you can :)

Seriously, pick one of these up until you find a better option... at $8 they are a bargain and really a great holster.
  20. burket

Jan 2, 2011
    I carry either my G17 or my G22, using a Cross Breed Super Tuck (from the seconds site), and a Cross Breed belt. I wear my shirt untucked, usually over jeans. I've had no problems, but I also am not generally in BAD neighborhoods.

Hope this helps.