close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 10mm best semi ever made

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by purrrfect 10, Jun 1, 2012.

1. OK Calling All 10mm Glock owners to make a mark here, SPEAK OUT about your 10mm Glocks. Let keep this post going, talk about your experiences and the fun you have had shooting your Glocks.

I'm so impressed with my G20 I really don't know why anyone would wanted any other pistol, Ya OK 9's are cheaper ammo but you get what you pay for, If you ever have to make the longer shot :perfect10: Speak out All you 10 guys and gal.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. KenMac

KenMac

Nov 21, 2011
    I love my G29sf. It's the only 10mm that can be stuck in your pocket while you're working........in a not-so-friendly area.

3. Been working on a lot of different loads for my 20. Great all around cartridge. :supergrin:

4. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    Lol..the best semi ever made? I swear..Glock has a propoganda system worse than the U.S. Marine Corps and the Soviet Union combined.

5. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I can't say that there is a best.

That being said, I shoot my G20 in IDPA and guys, mostly curious, ask me all the time why I chose a Glock 20. I never really know where to begin:

Versatility of loads. Load 'em hot or load 'em light.
    Extremely reliable platform
    Easy to shoot, maintain, and operate
    Concealed carry is not out of the question (do it regularly)
    Nice magazine capacity
    Precise shooting
    Etc.
    Etc.

I love my G20.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  6. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Now you've done it:

...insulted Glock and the US Marine Corps in the same sentence.

:popcorn:

7. Easy there Army Dog! :supergrin: (Jarhead here).

I just got a 29SF, but haven't got to the range yet. The trigger feels better than the 26 I traded in for it. Now I just have to figure a way to get a 20SF. I also noticed that the rounds feed more smoothly than the 26 or 35. I assume the longer cartridge doesn't rotate as abruptly when the bullet hits the feed ramp.

8. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    It's fine. Everything will be alright. Just breathe in and out slowly.

9. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    On the 8th day, God kicked Gaston square in the ass and said BUILD THE 10MMs!

10. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Sep 7, 2010
    PRK (Kalifornia)
    My G20 is certainly at the top of my long list of favorites. However, I love all my handguns equally. Unfortunately lately, my G20 is the one I shoot the least (I have to settle for my other 10's). When I have friends over for a shoot day (almost every Sunday afternoon, I have a rifle/pistol/archery/trap range at my home), a lot of 10mm ammo goes away, and it ain't me doin' it. They love it too. I'm gonna cut them off, so they'll have to get their own! Maybe I can shoot mine again, someday.....

11. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    You must have some big pockets...

12. darkparadox

darkparadox

Nov 10, 2011
    Curious to know what type of pocket holster you're using for the G29 ? I've considered it with cargo pants

13. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Sep 7, 2010
    PRK (Kalifornia)
    No doubt. A G29 (or 30) is not small by any measure. It's less large than it's daddy, but that's about it.

14. took

took

Feb 22, 2012
    My G29 is my do all handgun, I carry it in the woods, wal-mart and it stands guard on the night stand. Now that is a truly versatile handgun

15. Yes I carry my G20 comfortably in my Hunter pro ride at 2:30. hold it very tight to my body with perfect forward cant hides well.

Going to the range again today I wish I could post pictures here I would like to share the fun. But when I try to load a pic, it says I have to many when I go to attachment it says none I have emailed GT many time and I get no help.

16. Go to user CP and delete some of the attachments

17. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    What ammo do you carry? Do you use stock or aftermarket rsa?

18. Ethereal Killer

Ethereal Killer

Aug 24, 2011
    Man I dont know about "the best semi ever made".

I would probably put the Glock 19 on top 3 for sure, with maybe the 1911 in there somewhere down the short list (even tho I would never own one).

I think if you got all scientific and asked folks what the best 3 semi auto pistols made are, that the G19 would probably be in the top 3 for almost everyone and the g20SF would probably only be in those folk's list who appreciate a good woods gun (amongst which it arguably may be the best semi)

I held a 29SF the other day to see what the fuss was about and it sure is a sweet little gun. oddly enough it's because it feels a LOT like a G19.

best semi ever tho? no

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  19. Ethereal Killer

Ethereal Killer

Aug 24, 2011

I tried it in my Riggs pants and it fit OK. wouldnt be real fast to draw but it fit and came out without a lot of drama

20. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot

May 31, 2011
    Connecticut
    There is a reason the "scale " goes 1-10 and 10 is the best. ;)

LOVE me G20!

CW