Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glendale, AZ PD officer shot.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Jun 21, 2013.

1. jethro21

Nov 28, 2003
    I am gonna try to keep it civil unlike others who know little about the facts...

Fortunately Wes's injuries are minor although he was hit in the gun hand. He will make a full recovery.

There wasn't dozens of rounds fired. I am personal friends with all the officers involved- all are excellent marksmen. I would point out though that even the best marksman becomes less than ideal when in the midst of a gunfight. Azhusker only shows his ignorance.

HOWEVER, if there had been dozens of rounds fired, this spot would have ideal for it. Bad guy was below ground level, in a hole for a ground level trampoline.

Wes' k9 took bullets meant for him, and we are thankful for that sacrifice.
  2. Personally, I'm embarassed that you were ever bacon bits.

Real cops with real facts have posted here. An apology on your part is in order.

3. blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    GPD did a great job, plain and simple. Please pass on to everyone on that squad my appreciation for a job well done.

If there is a fund set up for Ronin's memorial, please post the information here and I will be proud to contribute. Your agency's K9s have helped me in the past. I am glad that Ronin's death was avenged in the proper manner and I hope Wes got the fatal shot into the (insert appropriate obscene reference here).
  4. Prayers for the officer Wes' recovery.

I am sorry about the K-9. As a dog owner, these instances truly sadden me.

Other than that, there is a time and place to beef about police officer shooting abilities, lack of tactics, etc. Having known the OP for several years on the internet, I am sure this was not his intent in starting this thread. I would strongly suggest anyone who wishes to do so start another thread of their own and have at it.
  5. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    It's all theory and conjecture until rounds start flying at you and men are hit.

6. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I forgot to many gunfights were you involved in? What was your hit percentage? What were the distances involved? Assuming that the answer is greater than zero, we would like just a handful of details so that we can lay judgment.
  7. Rex G

Rex G

Mar 24, 2003
    SE TX
    Prayer said for the officer's full recovery. May the K9 rest in peace.
  8. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    Didn't we have issues with another "cop" from Arizona?
  9. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    I reckon he'd get his ass kicked saying something like that to a copper in N.E.O.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  10. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    He may have had a certificate and worked for a police department but he surely was no cop.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  11. blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Who's to say Phyllis didn't register under another screen name?
  12. pspez

May 3, 2006
    Coconut Creek, Fl
    The cops did a great job. And I'm glad the the officer will be ok. My sun just graduated from the academy down here in Florida and we have repeatedly talked about how adrenalin kicks in when bullets start flying. I can't even imagine.
  13. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    Heal quickly Wes.

I'm sorry about the loss of your K9, but I'm glad Ronin took the rounds instead of you.

Good dog.