close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gift idea (please help)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by lcarreau, Aug 27, 2006.

1. lcarreau

lcarreau Reload Artist

Sep 22, 2003
    Arlington, TX
    My Pinay fiance's birthday is coming up a few days after our wedding. She won't give even the slightest hint about what to get. She is an educated gal in her late 30s. She does not seem to be into jewelry and I already got her a beginner's gun to try to draw her into my hobby. She is into scrap booking, needle point and other girly stuff that vexes me from a gift buying perspective.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We are both in Texas.

-Lonnie

2. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Nov 25, 2003

3. lcarreau

lcarreau Reload Artist

Sep 22, 2003
    Arlington, TX
    Home is covered. We live in a typical suburban type house that is paid off. I just want a cool, memorable b-day gift.

-Lonnie

4. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Nov 25, 2003
    Try to get her something that reminds her of her "home". The Philippines. Maybe a CD of the latest Pinoy bands or a pre paid phone card so she could call relatives.Or if you don't have it yet, a cable subscription to the Filipino Channel.

Goodluck!

5. amd4me

amd4me Coffee Snob

Jun 23, 2006
    Santa FE NM
    Whenever in doubt I give the 8$ inflateable sheep.

6. lcarreau

lcarreau Reload Artist

Sep 22, 2003
    Arlington, TX
    Maybe I have spoiled her, but these are a done deal. She often watches this show where some gay, bald dude, interviews people. She calls family and friends pretty often as pre paid cards are dirt cheap now. In this area, there are plenty of international markets for a taste of home.

How about art?

-Lonnie

7. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Philippines
  8. a package trip to BORACAY will be good gift if your time permits.:)
    not really necessary to have it schedule on her birthday.
    but you can schedule it later if you can get a week or two vacation leave from your office work.:)

or if she is into crochet, you can buy her a big pattern of the MAP of the Philippine Islands & some nice colored threads for her to get busy on her birthday.
    it's a much-much cheaper option than going to BORACAY.:)

9. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Nov 25, 2003
  10. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

Nov 16, 2005

if shes filipina, i bet a cellphone would be great, preferably HI-END NOKIA N91s:supergrin:

11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    If I were in your shoes, I'd take her to the most expensive restaurant/hotel I could think of and tell her that her birthday gift is your 101% attention and time for that moment.

Call me old-school but always work for me, even strengthens our bond.

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    Lonnie,

try to recall recent episodes at the mall or when you guys watch tv wherein she'd react half serious and half joking how she would love to have this...or go to this place, etc. women usually hopes men figure that out and get them what they want without them saying. and pinay women are so into that!!!:clown:

13. pipo

pipo

Feb 20, 2006
    I'd give her all my time for the day.

14. If money is no object, it would be very nice to get a string quartet to play instrumental versions of filipino classic songs over a private dinner. Or a piano player. You'll need to find/download/ask people to send over the music sheets for those songs. You might even try singing one of the songs (not an easy job by any stretch...)

Or if you're really rich, hire a filipino singer or band to do the same.

Ogie Alcasid, the Tux, Rico J. Puno and Martin Nievera have sung (on different instances, of course) during relatives' weddings and made the occasions extremely memorable.

Unfortunately that means finding out who is available, when and how much.....

Good luck. Filipinas in general are romantic at heart.

15. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines

a Harley? wohoo!
    A trip to Lake Tahoe?
    Vegas?
    An afternoon at a beauty salon

16. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    sing her a tagalog love ballad on her bday dinner....i bet she would appreciate that more than anything.....martin nievera songs will do the trick...he has english songs that were composed by filipinos if it's really hard to sing tagalog songs. good luck!!!;)

17. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Go far away to a "Bed and Breakfast" then take her to a dinner show. Order a dozen roses delivered to your room....It works every time.

18. Cold hard cash - a significant amount of it - works for me. Of course , the cash should be given at a nice meal. In a special card with a romantic message especially written by you.

19. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

Jul 8, 2005