close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ghost Rocket 3.5

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 3kcarbon, Jun 11, 2012.

1. 3kcarbon

3kcarbon

I ordered a Ghost Rocket 3.5 for my Glock 34. Should I use the spings and connector or just the connector? Its just used for target practice but i don't want to effect the so far 100% reliable use it has given.

2. HK Dan

HK Dan

I'd do the springs, all except the striker spring. Now, the striker springis about half of the total reduction, so it won't be amazing, but it will be noticeable. Be advised to buy a few extra trigger springs, as the heavier ones tend to break earlier than the stock ones. Hint? If the spring breaks turn the gunupside down and rack it. It will fire normally (well, exvept for being upside down.)

3. 3kcarbon

3kcarbon

I was thinking the spring might be a issue. Seems I saw a You Tube review pointing out the same advice on the springs. Thanks for the reply.

4. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Replace one thing at a time is my plan.

Never shotgun replacement parts.

Test after each change.

When you find a change that does not work you only have to back up 1 step to restore function.

Best of all, it is fun messing with the gun.

5. barth

barth six barrels

I'd just go with the Ghost Rocket 3.5 and all factory springs to start with.
    Shoot that for a while.
    And then if it needs to be any lighter continue modification with lighter springs.
    Personally I found the Ghost Rocket 3.5 and factory springs perfect for the range.
    But just a little light for carry.
    Since mine is a carry gun, I switched to Glock OEM "-" and NY1.

The real beauty of it all is the springs and connectors are cheap.
    And easy to swap in and out on your own.

Take your time and have fun finding that perfect trigger for you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Tried that. Gun shot fine, but range safety was upset that I was standing on my head to use the sights. I pointed out there was no rule against standing on your head while shooting. They pointed out the range exit.:rofl:

7. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

YES. None of the other springs will effect reliability, and I went back to the stock glock trigger spring, because the stronger wolf spring held my trigger against the striker, so my trigger safety wouldn't engage. You may or may not like that, personally it was a deal breaker for me. So all and all, I used their safety plunger spring..... and I think that's it!

Their striker spring is FAR too weak. It led me to multiple light primer strikes on federal ammo (usually a softer primer), and on TulAmmo, forget about it. I'd get 1-2 in a mag. Annoying at the range, killer in an IDPA match.

The rocket connector is AWESOME, and your are going to LOVE your trigger. If you haven't, do a $.25 trigger job on it, and do EVERYTHING. Do your homework first, though. If you're not sure on how to polish, do it by hand. It's harder to remove material with just flitz polish, a rag, and your thumb.

8. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

springs and connector offer the best setup. as recommended, do one step each time.