close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ghost Ring Tritium Night Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by tyr0981, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tyr0981

tyr0981

Apr 9, 2012
    Portland OR
    Who's used or seen these things in action?

I did wanted a laser, but it's not working out..... so i'd like something "aim-able" in low-light/night for my G29 (10MM), for things at a moderate distance, and i couldn't find any good write-ups on Ghost sites similar to these ones... they're from eBay... for whatever that's worth... opinions are welcome!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Carver

Carver

Jan 8, 2006
    SoCal => Nevada!
    GR on a G33 w/ 9mm conv. bbl:

[​IMG]

I just got em last-night, shot 100+ rds today!
    Faster & accurate. Kinda awkward w/both eyes open, but it improved w practice.

But the stock were dead-on as well w/357Sig round, maybe more so. I was hitting rapid fire hostage targets like a pro w/the stock configuration. I impressed myself!

3. tyr0981

tyr0981

Apr 9, 2012
    Portland OR
    sounds promising! i'm uneasy of dropping ~100$ on some glowing bits for sights, the OEM sights on the 29 aren't terrible, but i'd like something that can be aimed faster and more accurately....

So how do these sights comapred to the Factory sights? can you see the target better beyond the sight?

4. Carver

Carver

Jan 8, 2006
    SoCal => Nevada!
    I was more accurate w factory fixed sights. Buy I've been used to that set-up for 25 years. Comparing to GR only ~30 mins. experience.

That said, the GR was noticeably quicker than the OEM at the end of ~30 minutes. The accuracy will come I'm sure.

To tell you the truth, I paid little attention to pin-point accuracy, I focused on presentation quickly hitting COM. And I practiced 2 eyes open.

5. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest

Do you carry concealed? Im a big fan of the trijicon HD's, about 115 on Amazon. I'm not really a fan of the ghost ring as its just too big and easy to catch on a draw.

6. tyr0981

tyr0981

Apr 9, 2012
    Portland OR
    Yeah that's part of my apprehensiveness, i was hoping to find a sight that would allow for quicker target acquisition and a better sight picture as-well, not sure these sights will help with what i'm after....