Ghost EVO Elite 3.5 lb connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lifsey83, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Has anyone tried one of the new Ghost EVO Elite connector.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

#1 lifsey83, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Ghost Evo Elite connector General Glocking May 28, 2015
    Ghost Evo Elite Connector Gun-Parts & Access. May 13, 2015
    Wow!! Ghost Evo Elite Trigger General Glocking Jan 31, 2015
    Ghost EVO Elite Connector Installation in Glock 22 Gen 4 General Glocking Jan 5, 2015
    New "Ghost" EVO-Elite Connector General Glocking May 5, 2013

3. Never seen or heard of. Must be new. Looks interesting and I wonder what this one does over the older generation of the Ghost rocket.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. The GHOST EVO ELITE is the best self-defense trigger control connector we have ever made!
    The EVO ELITE is Smoother, Lighter, Shorter and eliminates trigger Over-travel!
    These attributes give you the fastest most accurate first shot hit advantage of any self-defense Glock style trigger.
    The EVO ELITE fixes the Glock bump or glitch, this is the pre-travel resistance you feel and must overcome when the trigger bar bumps into the connector. This bump causes you to apply excessive force and will move the pistol off target.
    Another thing the EVO ELITE corrects is trigger over-travel; the excessive movement of the trigger after the pistol fires. Over-travel causes the pistol to move off of alignment with the target, making your shot go low and to one side.
    EVO ELITE KEEPS YOU ON TARGET
    The EVO ELITE is the best self-defense connector made and by changing a few springs you can also have the best sport trigger connector! We believe that this trigger control connector makes all others obsolete. Once you try it, we know you will agree!

5. Please stop yelling, I have a headache....

6. New and Improved !!!

With the original you could barely tell the difference, now you can barely tell the difference even BETTER than before.:wow:

The lightening of the wallet in your back pocket, as well as the relief of your funds in your bank, improves shooting stance, diminishes the stress in your shooting muscles, and increases the chances of first shot effectiveness hitting the target. No more worrying about the money at risk while it is sitting in the FDIC insured account. Now you can shoot with ease.

7. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

You will also be able to run faster and jump higher.:rofl:

8. Hamrhed

Hamrhed AKs & Glocks

Is this a drop-in connector or are we filing these down also?

9. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

OP asked about the Elite and it still requires fitting of the TCT. Their other new model, the Edge, is a drop-in. The picture they are using for the Edge shows a TCT, so I don't know if it's the wrong pic, or they make it with a TCT short enough to work in all guns (just not optimized). I'm guessing wrong pic because they say nothing of reduced overtravel.

It's interesting how they speak of eliminating the hard bump of the nose of the trigger bar hitting the guide angle of the connector, but the picture doesn't show any curvature to the guide angle, or anything else that would ease the two into contact -- at least as far as I can see.

#8 bentbiker, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. OK

Who is going to take one for the team and try out this new connector?

#9 High Altitude, Feb 3, 2013
  11. Sounds like you are up to the task. Go for it and keep us apprised.

12. If it wasnt $35 id try it...... I love my 5.0 tactical connectors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

#11 Taphius, Feb 3, 2013
  13. If ghost inc. sends me one, I will try it out and write up a honest review of it. Maybe even do a youtube video of it.

14. I just tried one.

I've done about 10 rocket installs so I know what I'm doing and this one has to go back..

Won't reset right. And yes I know all about bending the tab either in or out but this one is a no go.

15. Every week on GT we read about Ghost connectors that do not reset properly. No connector should have to be bent by the consumer in order to work.

16. In starting to agree

17. DakotaGlockGuy

DakotaGlockGuy Polymer Artist

I had an issue with a Ghost Rocket on a Gen 4 gun (before they *supposedly* fixed said issues) where it would not fire, even WITH the TCT taken down to a nub. Now mind you I had a Ghost Rocket fitted to my Gen 3 G30SF that worked great, so I'm aware of the bending in and out Ghost dance as well. I sent it in on their no hassle exchange (absolulely GREAT customer service, BTW) and when I got my new Rocket, there was this EVO connector in the box for me to try.

While I was impressed with the customer service, I could not get this thing out of my gun fast enough. I was expecting it to be somewhat like the Rocket, which I liked (though I was using a "." connector at the time), and that worked fine. After my normal polishing routine and fitting this new EVO connector to my gun (you need to grind down the TCT like a Rocket, but the TCT is far wider than the Rocket), it gave me a less than smooth feel even AND had the reset problem discribed previously.

Bottom line: While the customer service is great, I will not put a Ghost connector in any gun I work on ever again.

18. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Fisher of Men

I've done a $0.25 trigger job on my Gen 3 - 26 in which I carefully used an Arkansas stone on certain parts. I polished the surfaces I worked on more than removing metal. I now have a very smooth short trigger pull once I take up the initial slack. For a defensive carry piece, I'm perfectly satisfied with this pistol with O.E.M. parts. Just add a GAP Floorplate to improve the grip.

19. I just bought 2 lonewolf connectors for each of my Glock 26's and they were drop in and go. No filing needed. Took me about 5 minutes to install both of them. They were $10 off of Amazon.com. Trigger pull was more smooth and noticeably lighter.

#18 thomas.allen12, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  20. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Ghost has some drop-in models as well.

The filing/fitting is only required for a couple of their models, the purpose is to shorten over travel. You can reduce overtravel to almost nothing, which when shooting from reset makes shooting faster way easier.

My 3 USPSA buddies and myself all use the Ghost Rocket. One guy is an IDPA Master and USPSA 'A' shooter, and still moving up. The rest of us are Experts and 'B' shooters, still moving up.

Huge improvement over the stock or even the Glock '-' connector.

21. I didn't know about bending the Tab. I received "NO INSTRUCTIONS" with my order. I’ve wasted $36.95 of my hard earned money.