close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GG&G Single Point Attachment for 930

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by JS_280, Oct 6, 2010.

1. JS_280

JS_280

Apr 7, 2010
    Just ordered the GG&G single-point sling plate for my 930 SPX. Anyone here used one yet? I'm mainly curious as to whether the Magpul MS2 hook will fit in the loop or if I'll need to fabricate a ring for the attachment (sort of like the Magpul ASAP plate).

2. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I have never used a single point sling on a shotgun. I have images of my big heavy shotgun and its muzzle getting bounced into the ground? Let us know how it feels after you get some range time?

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    There are some other places I would not want that heavy barrel swinging into.

:whistling:

I have never used a single point or wanted to. I am plenty happy with a 2 point on rifles, carbines, and shotguns but plenty people use 1 points.

4. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    I've always wondered what people were using for sling points/sling styles on the SPX.

When I got the new Choate smaller extension they sent a barrel clamp with a sling attachment that I use, but it's not exactly straight on/on the same level/plumb/ etc. as the rear stock connection point but it works good enough. It would not really be smooth enough for fancy sling moves and being all tactical but for carrying it on your shoulder or back to free your hands it works fine. But a better system would be nice, definitely.

5. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    I use this front sling mount on my 930 SPX.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=312&parents=153,172

I then add a V-Tac Adjustable 2 point sling and a V-Tac buttstock adapter that wraps around a traditional stock. This is what I prefer when I want to carry my shotgun across my front all tactical like. I mostly just use it for classes where you do transitions to handguns.

This is a 590 setup like I described. Just the forward mount is different. BTW I am left handed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Receiver endplates aren't so bad if you have a pistol grip stock. On a normal stock, if you shoot with your off hand around a barricade the endplate is going to be in the way of your shooting hand most likely. If you have a pistol grip then this isn't a problem, but then it makes it hard to manipulate that Mossberg tang safety. I would stick with a two point sling, and I do. Now I have a single point on my AR and it works great, love it.