close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger on a Caracal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Aug 27, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

I haven't decided as of yet which one I'll get the Caracal C or Caracal F... I'm leaning more towards the Caracal C b/c I'd be using it primarily for CCW. I loooooove my Glocks, but have recently kinda branched away from the Glock Tree, as I have my needs/wants kinda covered with the exception of the G17 the "Grandaddy of Em ALL".:supergrin:

I know people are up in arms (pun intended) about this particular gun. Wilhelm Bubits has definitely worked his MOJO on this one! I recently bought his other creation the Steyr C9-A1 and ENJOY shooting it as well. I could care less if people RAG me about having a "Camel Jockey Gun" or that I'm covertly or overtly promoting terrorism by purchasing it.

Hopefully it will be a good experience and I'm jumping in before the prices SKYROCKET on firearms in general b/c of the MASS HYSTERIA surrounding election time.:upeyes:

Count me in Fellow Glock/Caracalers! :wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

Caracal is about to launch an aggressive PR assault with IPSC world champion runner up JJ Racaza running this gun in national and international Production division.

I have no doubt that the prices will only go up. Good move to get it now, I think. You'll just have to wait for the accessories...

#2 SouthpawG26, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  3. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

That guy can FLAT OUT SHOOOOOOOOT!!! :wow::supergrin:

I just put in my order to Bud's, so hopefullyl my FFL will have it by the end of the week...

4. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats in advance. :cool:

5. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine
    Expand Collapse

Local gun store as one, compact I think.
    Good looking gun and the price seems right at a little over $400.

6. Viper 1

Viper 1
    Expand Collapse

I have a C with about 500 rounds through it; it's been flawless, very accurate and soft shooting. I own many Glocks but the Caracal is different in it's trigger and feel.

Congrats!

7. mabgrac

mabgrac
    Expand Collapse

I have had a C model that I hadn't ever shot. I had it boxed up in my car with the idea of selling it because I recently bought a different toy and wanted to sell some of my other toys to offset the expense. Thanks to Tropical Storm Isaac I didn't have to work today so I decided to take a long overdue trip to the range. I took it and my G32 to compare.

I am going to miss the .357 Sig, but I loved the Caracal.

8. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

<==== pretty stoked and can't wait... That will mean I have 3 Mean Bulbit Machines (Glock, Steyr, & Caracal)

9. Comedian

Comedian
    Expand Collapse

I love my Caracals. Are you getting the F or C?

10. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

I've got in on a Caracal C.... I've shot a Caracal F.... And really liked it...I went with the Caracal C for a couple of reasons:
    - Close to G19 in size, but still holds 15 +1
    - Looks Sharp
    - Passed all MAJOR NATO, & European Testing
    -CCW sized

I really LIKE the way the Caracal F looks as well... Probably over the next year & a half I'll probably end up with a Caracal SC & a .40 when it comes to market if things go smoothly!

11. hoghunter82

hoghunter82
    Expand Collapse
    FL Glocker #182

I really like the looks of the Caracal. Something about it is attractive. Gonna get slammed for this but the bore axis kinda reminds me of a HK P7 for some reason. I wouldn't mind picking one up someday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. LarryNC

LarryNC
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Just out of curiosity, which do you prefer, the F or the C? My local shop has one of each and I'm kind of tempted to return there tomorrow for another adoption :supergrin:

13. Comedian

Comedian
    Expand Collapse

I prefer the C over the F for the same reason folks like the Glock 19 over the 17. Its more versatile since its smaller and therefore better for CCW, but it can also be for home defense and will accept the 18 rd mags.

14. jhmayhem

jhmayhem
    Expand Collapse

I just found out about Caracals yesterday, and reviews and feedback have all been great. Not sure how far behind the curve I am with this new brand but it is now definitely on my radar. I can't tell though are these now going to be in your local gun store's display case or are you going to need to special order them?

15. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy
    Expand Collapse

I love mine. 2 people that have shot it went out and bought their own. My mother-in-law asked me to get her one for Christmas :shocked: Everyone that shoots these guns seems to love them.
    [​IMG]

16. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

Got my Caracal C today... The guys at my local gun store were drooling over it... They ordered 6 of them on the spot after completin my transfer and they already were showing .40cals ready and available to ship!!

It feels great in hand, and it has a "reverse taper" on the front and backstrap. It's more narrow in the palm of your hand and swells where your fingers meet the front strap. This seems to make the pistol sit even LOWER in hand. I'm hoping to get to sneak of and fire her some tomorrow. My only 2 issues were thus far:
    -a few minor scuffs/blemishes on the trigger guard
    -Warren Werks Distributor

Other than that no complaints yet...The slide, barrel, feed ramp, are immaculate! Waffen Werks is no longer the distributor, and SAI (Steyr) has taken over here down the road from me in B'ham, AL.....

G19 killer? Hmmmm.... Not ready to say that just yet. But it looks promising. I still say Glocks fit and finish are better... I noticed there is some rattle when the gun is I cocked and shaken. In addition, if there's an Achilles Heel, it will be the FAWNKY mag lip/ledge design. Time will tell!

#16 DaBurna, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  17. Slug71

Slug71
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm, might have to get one of these myself.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

18. Walk Soft

Walk Soft
    Expand Collapse

Mine has 700 through it so far without a bobble.The trigger is awesome.The first time I shot one I put up better groups than I ever had.My double taps have never been so close together on the target.
    http://[​IMG]

19. Raven1967

Raven1967
    Expand Collapse

They are fantastic pistols my three have been perfect.

[​IMG]

20. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1
    Expand Collapse

Wow know F the UAE comments yet! I'm impressed GT!