close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Getting Big Dots Installed

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Liquid, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Liquid

Liquid

Oct 19, 2001
    South Florida
    i just ordered a set. are most people sending the slide to kahr, doing them on their own or finding a place locally?

liquid

2. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I ordered a set of Williams Firesights in Green.
    Not big dots but the install looks the same.
    I had a local Gun Smith install them. Took him around 45 minutes, he did it while I waited, and cost like $35.00.
    I don't have the proper vice or sight press and I would have to buy some Locktite Blue so I felt it was money well spent.

3. quikduk

quikduk

Jan 17, 2010
    Liquid,

Please take detailed pics when you get them back as I am really interested in how they look and function. FWIW, I would either go to Kahr or Gilbert's Guns for the purchase and install as they both have good reputations for quality installations and fast turnaround times.

4. Liquid

Liquid

Oct 19, 2001
    South Florida
    thanks for the info. ill take the pics if i can find my digital camera. i found a local guy to do it for around 40 bucks but i have to leave the gun for a few days. i am still going to look around but it beats sending it to kahr paying 40 and paying 25 for shipping it back to me.

5. Josey_Wales

Josey_Wales

Dec 30, 2009
    I sent my slide (only) in for new sites around Christmas. There and back turn around was less than seven days:wow:

Good job with no other marks on my black stainless slide,
    Great customer service.

J.W.

6. Fonzie

Fonzie

Dec 6, 2009
    Northwest USA
    I had Big Dots installed on my new P9 3 weeks ago by a local gunsmith. It took him @ 20 minutes, he charged me $20. They work great. I like them.
    I ordered them factory direct. It was the only place I could find them.

7. Liquid

Liquid

Oct 19, 2001
    South Florida
    i got them installed i ended up paying 45. i found another place that was a little cheaper but i would of have to pick it up the next day. here are a few pics. i will admit my picture taking skills are awful.

Attached Files:

8. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    I do them myself.
    Takes me about 10 minutes start to finish with a vise, hammer and a punch.

9. outerlimit

outerlimit

Mar 18, 2007
    I haven't been able to find the trijicons any other place, but I have seen the mepros available elsewhere.

10. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    I had mine installed at a local gun shop, I had to leave it for a couple of days. It was kinda like leaving one of your kids with a stranger.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  11. Narkcop

Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    Kentucky
    Left my PM9 at the gunsmith today to have the big dot sights installed.

12. High_Sierra

High_Sierra

Jan 1, 2009
    Colorado
    I just installed these on my G21SF and it took me about 10 minutes (if that). They were incredibly easy to install. Do it yourself and save the money.