Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Getting back in?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by arcticcat, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. arcticcat


    Aug 22, 2004
    I got hired as an emt at 18, went right to medic school, worked the streets full time, plus did some fixed wing transport, and a heck of a lot of teaching to everything from L.E. college students to volunteers,medics, nurses and doctors. ACLS, PALS, BTLS, you name it.
    To help make ends meet, I also did carpenter work on my days off. Needless to say, by the time I was 29, now with a wife and a couple kids, I was tired. I quit my job, and became fairly successful as a carpenter. After, a 5 year break, I'm now thinking of getting back in. How hard is it to get back NREMT-P certification?
    I would imagine retesting is required. Was hoping to hear from anyone else who left the field & got back into it later.

    Thanks, Cat.

  2. obxprnstar

    obxprnstar Goth Lover

    Jan 8, 2003
    Zombie Patrol
    Check out

    I don't mean to dash your hopes but from what I remember it is a pain in the arse to regain your P.

    Also what state are you in? Some states have programs that are easyer for you to get your P back. I know here in NC that as long as your med dir signs off on it you can re-test the state test. After that you would be able to take the NREMT-P exam.
  3. Alpha752


    Aug 16, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I was under the impression that once your National Registry lapsed for more then 2 years you had to take the whole class over again.

    I could be, and hope that I am wrong. That would suck.
  4. arcticcat


    Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks for the replies. I'm in MN. From what I could find, as long as you re-apply to the state with current ACLS & continuing ed within 4 years of expiration you can get state emt-p. I haven't been able to find yet what the registry requires.