close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Getting an LLC

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by MrAirsoft, Apr 9, 2007.

1. I've been looking into LLCs (that's Limited Liability Company), and it seems like a really great thing to have. If any of you have businesses that aren't yet registered, you should go with an LLC. While a DBA is cheaper, an LLC protects you and makes your business an entity. In my state, they cost $215, so it's not cheap.

2. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    ...my wife has been in a sole proprietor DBA business for about 3 1/2 years, and just incorporated this year....tried to sell her on the LLC, but, she wanted the INC. benefits instead....Good luck with your venture!:thumbsup:

3. Yeah you can definitely do more with an INC than an LLC, but INC has benefits that I'll never need.

4. Leathercrafter

Leathercrafter

Aug 3, 2004
    Florida
    My main entity is an LLC with DBA's underneath it. In addition, I've changed our tax status to an 'S' Corp. So I guess we're kind of getting the best of both sides.

5. Tom Burks

Tom Burks

Oct 1, 2006
    Georgia
    I went with an LLC as well. It's only a $100 filing fee and only one Article is needed. This is in GA.