Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Gettin a used sig p220

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by drs86, Jun 21, 2010.

1. drs86

Jun 24, 2009
    Found a used p220 serial #g2612xx any information warnings or advice about this gun would be helpful before I buy it . Thanks
  2. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004

3. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

There is a very extensive list of serial numbers with year of manufacture over on
  4. drs86

Jun 24, 2009
    Contacted sig and found out it was shipped out in 1996 and hasn't been back for any repairs . Also said it had a stamped steel slide . I am considering sending it to them for their maintainance package for a detail strip and cleaning night sights and replacement of springs , and having the feed ramp polished and barrel crowned .
  5. J. Parker

J. Parker

May 24, 2000
    Ephrata, Wa.

I agree with bac...fine pistols. It is my 45acp pistol of choice. Mine is mid-nineties manufacture and it is totally stock. Send yours off if you want but you don't need to unless you have "issues".
  6. nevfuzz

Feb 27, 2010
    Great pistols and extremely accurate. Enjoy!
  7. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Sig's tuneup package with night sights is a good deal. Wise move.

The only other suggestion I would make is to use grease on the slide rails such as Brian Enos' Slide Glide that you can get from It 's the only lube I use on my six Sigs and four 1911s.
  8. Last edited: Jun 22, 2010