close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Get ready for more panic buying of ammo and mags.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Electrikkoolaid, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

The Colorado shootings will probably precipitate a run up in panic buying of ammunition and full capacity magazines, (and their prices.)

This will likely also be an issue in the Presidential election, and unfortunately both candidates are on record as being anti-gun.

This really sucks IMO.

2. Restless28

Restless28

What really sucks is that a dozen of our fellow Americans died needlessly and 70 or more were injured in this mass murder.

What really sucks is that someone's loved one died or was injured while watching a movie.

What really sucks is that survivors will live with this nightmare for years.

Get over yourself.

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

thankfully the guy had no Military training

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Sadly enough, due to this, I think I'm going to skip the gun show this weekend.

I don't wanna deal w/ the crowds this will probably bring.

5. Gertz

Gertz

soon guns will all be perma-banned.

back to swords and bows!!!

sword-fighting-t9482.jpg

6. arclight610

arclight610

We already know this. We are now talking about the political fallout, which is a very real possibility. Do you want the days of $100 Glock mags coming back? Because I don't.

7. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

When Congresswoman Giffords was shot last year, the cost of G18 mags doubled overnight around here - if you could get them at all.

It was assumed by many, including myself, that since a legislator had been attacked, congress would have a knee-jerk reaction.

Do not forget that the gun control law of 1968 was passed shortly after Bobby Kennedy was assassinated.

Now, we have Obama and Romney, both anti-gun to some extent starting a campaign that has few "wedge" issues. Obamacare is modeled after Romneycare, so how much can one pot call the other black?

It's going to be a rough few years for Gun Rights, folks.

8. elsolo

elsolo

I already planned to go to a gunshow (in FL) Saturday with my 75 yr old dad and a couple of his buddies before this happened.

I figured it would be a gouger's market being an election year, this will make it worse I suspect.

9. tongix

tongix

For sure, the indoor and outdoor ranges tomorrow will be jampacked . People will try to allay their fears of the unknown by making it known , and which is, to shoot their guns . Get proficient and practice some more.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  10. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

My panic buying started Sept 14, 2004. I can't see ever needing more than I have. I have mags for pistols I haven't purchased yet.

11. tongix

tongix

Im done with buying mags etc. I need more ammo , you can never have enough.

12. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I hate to agree but I don't doubt your right !

13. countrygun

countrygun

I got a really weird view of this today. Completely baffling.

I had to go to the largest town in our County on business. There are basically thre places to buy ammo, Bi-mart, Fred Meyers, and a small sporting goods store owned by a friend of mine.

My wife and I had just bought some new guns recently and I needed some different types of factory ammo to test in them. I didn't think about this possibility.

I went to the friends shop first, got some of what I needed and went on to Bi-Mart to hopefully get some bulk of other calibers. I was there last week and it was fine, today the shelves looked tornado impacted. The counter guy said it was "panic buyers" (to be frank, Bi-mart has the cheapest prices of the three). They had to break open their usual "bulk boxes" to have any ammo in the common calibers.

I hustled to Fred Meyer's and everything was just normal there. the counter guy told me there was no real surge, maybe a few more boxes here and there but no "big buys".

Rather strange. It seems that some people were worried enough to "stock up" but only if it was cheaper by $2 a box.

:dunno:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012