close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Get Nugent off the NRA Board

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jutland, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    Here we go again...just like I said earlier, people like to bring up the draft nonsense to make themselves feel more American or 'uber-patriots'. I really, really, really, couldn't care less what Nugent did in regards to any draft because it's irrelevant. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want mr war hero.

Fine, so you've done a lot for 2A issues. Now, let's look at Ted's bank account (which even if you sold everything you owned you wouldn't come close to) and think about what he's done or capable of doing to help the 2A in this country.

(And I'd not stray off topic talking about where anyone lives when you reside in one of the biggest ratholes in the country when it comes to personal freedoms).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. nothing

nothing Advertisement

Feb 24, 2002
    Brandon, MS

Never claimed to be a hero, but those guys that didn't come back in one piece were. I'm not particularly über anything so you're just speculating. Like I said folks here obviously don't care and that's cool. Your tired of the "draft nonsense" and I'm tired of being called unamerican for not agreeing that it is nonsense. Just like you could care less about him being a draft dodger I could care less about his bank account. It's a drop in the bucket. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want Mr. CSA hero

3. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA

Were all these friends of yours that didn't come back from a war drafted? If they weren't, then case close...they CHOSE to join the military and CHOSE to go to war. When you choose a job you accept the consequences.

4. nothing

nothing Advertisement

Feb 24, 2002
    Brandon, MS
    Yes,they chose their profession just as draft dodgers chose to be cowards.

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Thought so.'08. :sad:

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    His bank account doesn't make the stupid comments or the draft dodging go away. If he really feels like getting up in the Federal governments face and going to jail or getting dead he should just do it instead of bragging on how he will and then back pedaling.
    That was directed at you presuming to tell others what they should be doing with their time. No one on this forum spends 100% of their time working on 2nd amendment issues. In fact most of the time people spend on forums is not particularly productive. Yeah the scum out here keep us busy funding court cases, calling elected reps etc. Meantime a bunch of the scum of your state were too damn stupid to move out of the way of a hurricane and reelected Nagin to run their chocolate city. Sounds wonderful to me. :upeyes:

7. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    Meanwhile, 'us stupid people' run circles around your state in regards to gun laws. Maybe focusing less on the sushi, beaches, and draft dodging and more on 2A would help you guys.

8. nothing

nothing Advertisement

Feb 24, 2002
    Brandon, MS
    In all fareness New Orleans really isn't indicative of Louisiana, however you did reduce the conversation to my state is better than your state. Every state is screwed up in it's on special way to begin with. Regardless, this is a national issue so I would venture to say alienating 2A supporters nationwide is not really a good ourselves of action.

9. kostnerave

kostnerave

Sep 4, 2010
    Just the same wimpy republicans not wanting to rock the boat because "what would people think ? Lets be nice to our enemies and they will love us. Of course you can write books on how to kill "Bush but that ok right?

10. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    I wasn't referring to you as one of the scum that was too stupid to evacuate before Katrina hit but if the shoe fits wear it.

11. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    I think it was reduced well enough when the words "damn stupid" were put into a post referring to a national disaster. Not only off topic but in bad taste.

If there's one group that alienates their own, it's gun owners. The only ones on the same page are the anti's. This thread alone is proof of that.

No, you were referring to something you know nothing about and doesn't belong in this thread.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    You should know, it wasn't just "scum" and those "too stupid" that didn't evacuate.

Lots of elderly couldn't evacuate and several people died in the evac itself. I know people who lost elderly relatives IN th evac. My neighbor was an MD at Charity hospital and had to be rescued by friends in an airboat at night.

People of all walks of life stayed for whatever reason. Some couldn't get out. Some had commitments or reasons to stay. Some had no resources. Evac typically costs a couple grand with travel, meals, lodging. When you evac a hurricane, it isn't uncommon to have to travel >500 miles to find a hotel and consistent gasoline. At some point the Louisiana State Police close the interstates too. Traffic gets so bad in the later hours that no one moves.

After the storm, various officials penned the remainder in.

A close friend is an MD who had a husband and wife who are college professors who, through a combination of circumstances, ended up in the Dome.

13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    New Orleans is not all of Louisiana. N.O. Was a mess, the rural folks did much better.

14. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    outside the wire perimeter.
    ted nugent's views on NOLA and katrina were pretty straight forward if I recall correctly, it was something to the affect of "the mayor waited way too long to tell people to evacuate."

If memory serves, the news media advised the mayor waited until around the 24 hour before landfall mark before ordering evacuation. Clearly this guy had his head up his donkey. As a life long Floridian, 72 hours beforehand is the LAST MINUTE to move out or be prepare to shoot it out with a hurricane, which indicate that ted's views were correct.

All things equal, if you have a mayor advising his aides that this hurricane will probably turn "one way or the other" 96 hours before landfall, and therefore does not order evacuation, you need to get another mayor for such a coastal city.

ETA: the only one stupid in this event was the mayor. People stayed because he didn't pull the trigger when he should have. Even so, he was reelected. Go figure huh?

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  15. nothing

nothing Advertisement

Feb 24, 2002
    Brandon, MS
  16. billy396

billy396

Jun 28, 2007
    columbus,ohio
    G26S239, You're absolutely right, and I do financially support the Second Amendment Foundation, and will continue to do so. I just get worked up when people seem to discount all of the work that the NRA has shouldered over the years. ALL gun owners should belong to the NRA. Unfortunately many will never join, because they might be asked to donate a few dollars to support our rights.

17. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    False......

18. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    outside the wire perimeter.
    This^ (But on the letter I referred to him as Mr. nugent, not uncle ted :supergrin:)

19. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    I support "Uncle Ted!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.