close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Germany starting gun registry

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by 4Rules, May 2, 2012.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    The European Union has mandated that all member states must have a computerized data-filing system registering all firearms in place by 2014.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/29/germany-starting-gun-registry

2. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yep all part of the UN's agenda! History repeating itself!:faint:

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    No surprises from old europe! You can always count on them to get it wrong.

4. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    Here we go again...............History repeating itself!

5. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    When I read the title my first thought was, sounds like Hitler all over again. Some people never learn. :upeyes:

6. Kaonashi

Kaonashi

Mar 15, 2012
    Connecticut
    I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it but I was going to say that Germany and registries can never end well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Jerry

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    Ve haff vays of makiong vou comform.

Far too many people have memories that are waaayyyyy toooo short. :upeyes:

But then nothing like that could hapen now a days. :whistling:

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. IhRedrider

IhRedrider Not a walker

Mar 28, 2011
    You guts got it all wrong. They are going to use this registry to make it safer and to protect peoples rights. Why I bet once this is in place the criminals will stop stealing gun because they will get caught due to the registration laws. Have we looked into this yet? Maybe our current administration will step up and make things safer, you know, for the children.

9. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
  10. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    Guess next the EU will mandate those cute little tattoo things on folks hands and wrists, just for identity purposes of course.........

11. urban assault

urban assault

Apr 7, 2012
    It will probably look something like this, and have a subdermal RFID in the center to distinguish friend from foe...

[​IMG]

:alex:

-urban

12. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    What did someone say about history repeating itself.'08.

13. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    We already have a firearms register as long as I can remember.

But they are all registered at 600 different local authorities with sometimes different systems.

all my firearms are registered and I don't see any problem with that. I don't have anything to hide.

14. Agonizer

Agonizer .

Feb 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Fockers

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Jerry

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    :laughabove:

That’s exactly what the Germans though just before WW II. Seems they don’t remember what Hitler did with those records.

Bah bah little sheep. If one purchase a firearm from a non-FFL or sells to another citizen it IS NOT REGISTERED in most states. Seems you don't remember what recently happedn right here in the US. :shakehead: So here’s one fore you a little closer to home and not so very long ago. May I direct your attention to California… 1980s through 2000.

1989, The Roos-Roberti Assault Weapons Act was made law. A deadline was issued for registration of banned weapons. SKS rifles with detachable magazines had to be registered. There was a $200.00 registration fee. When the state decide to CONFISCATE the rifles that had been registyered they said they were buying them back. For how much? $200.00! Didn't I just say it cost $200.00 to register them? Guess that was just a coincidence. Or do you think it was planned all along?

Yah, if I were you I wouldn’t worry about my firearms being registered either. It could never happen here. And besides you don't have anything to hide. :upeyes:

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  16. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    you don't have to worry.

we have around 10mio registred firearms and twice as much unregistred.

So there are enough weapons around the gov. will never know about.

17. Jerry

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana

That’s all well and good. However as we’ve seen in Comyfornia and New Orleans MOST will just give them up. But then this country was won through the sacrifice of only 3% of The People. I just wonder if we still have 3% with enough courage should the government decide to make slaves of us. Do I worry about this every day? Yes! The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and freedom is not free.

18. nothing to hide? wonder what you will be thinking if they come knocking on your door, just say it can't happen:tongueout: