close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Germany criticizing our Gun Control?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cesaros, Apr 22, 2013.

1. My sister forwarded this to me. Its a gun control campaign picture that was posted on a German facebook page. She lives in Germany, which is why she gets updates from this page.

I thought it was cute how Germany is criticizing our country's gun control...So I decided to create a meme, explaining why Germany doesn't have much room to criticize anyone for anything :whistling:

Is it in bad taste? yup...but its the internet...serious bizness.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Weird.... this from a country that has outlawed Homeschooling.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

If you read the bottom it also a dig at a german export that is not allowed in the USA. The chocolate egg. It has something to do with the milk inside not being pasteurized to USA standards so it is not allowed to be imported into USA.

If you come into USA from germany around easter customs really questions if you have these eggs with you. Normal chocolate is allowed. These eggs not.

4. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    I lived in Germany. There are tons of guns on the street. Amost every taxi driver has one. There is legal gun ownership, and deer hunting, and birds, and such like that.

5. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    Try bringing back to the states from Germany some of their alcohol-filled candy.

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Not a problem.....

But dont try the chocolate eggs...

or blackforest ham...

or a piece of bread....

or sausage...

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Here is something ironic...

As a non-german citizen, I can go an buy a silencer in Germany. No paperwork, nothing. I can have it mail ordered to my desk. I can go buy standard capacity magazines. No paper work. Nothing.

As a US citizen try mail ordering a silencer. Where I live, after July 1, I cannot buy the same magazines that I can in germany.

8. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    Incorrect. They are Kinder eggs. They are hollow and have a small disassembled toy inside. The tiny parts are a choking hazard.

My kids love them and have collected them for years. My mother in law brings them in all the time. Technically banned but they don't stop her. Also one of the most smuggled items from Canada, along with 5 gallon toilets.

9. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    I've done that several times! :whistling::whistling:

10. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    The chocolate in the Kinder eggs isn't the best coming out of Germany, and the little toys inside usually suck. That said, the fact they were banned because the Government decided that people aren't responsible enough to figure them out on their own is BS. They're banned based on a 1938 law according to this story:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/26/the-kinder-egg-kerfuffle/

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    100 years ago, the opposite was true. Europe had some of the strictest meat purity laws in the world and the US had none.

We had birds. But we at them all.

I've never taken a 5 gallon dump, so I don't need your 5 gallon toilet.

12. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    Hope you never do.:wow:

I just didn't understand how a 5 gallon toilet uses less water than a 3 gallon toilet if the 3 gallon toilet needs to be flushed several times?

13. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Jul 20, 1999
    CT
    How many courics is a 5 gallon dump equal to?

14. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Are not also the G18 full-auto conversion plates over the counter? HH

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    :rofl::rofl:

16. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    AWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHH, 5 gallon toilets. :homer:

17. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    A **** load. :supergrin:

18. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    I thought the reason they gave was because of the choking hazard from having a non-edible item inside of an edible shell. It's the same reason why the Nestle Wonderball now has candy inside of it, instead of toys. But that's presuming my info is correct, and I could be wrong.

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I have seen that on the web, but I was told by USCBP officer that it is the milk stuff inside. He did care how much alcohol I had with me, but he was concerned about the damn eggs.

Now, I rarely even get asked a question.

20. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Germans never cease to piss me off. They are so smug, self-righteous it is sickening. I go to Germany about 3 times a year and every time I'm happy that my family left there in the 80s.

PS to the politically correct crowd. I'm a recovering German so I'm allowed to say this.