close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gerber Kick Axe?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by artcrymes, Apr 19, 2010.

1. artcrymes

artcrymes

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    [​IMG]Where did this cool lil thing go?
    Wheres there a recall because of malfunction/reliablity issues?
    Was it just discontinued?
    Anybody have one?

any light shed on this would be appreciated.

2. Richard Simmons

Richard Simmons American Icon

Jul 29, 2006
    VA
    From what I've read on Bladeforums it was deemed a POS before anyone even held one in their hand. AFAIk that opinion was never challenged.

3. AJ Dual

AJ Dual

Mar 16, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I suspect that the Kick Axe was a personal injury/liability attorney's wet dream come true, and that's why it was canceled.

I probably shouldn't buy an axe or hatchet on looks alone, but I'd be tempted... :supergrin:

4. wavedrop

wavedrop

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, I would bet it was a liability. If your going to be swingin an axe it might as well be a fixed handle. Although I think the concept is nice and handy I'd rather have a fixed handle. With that said I really like the quality of Gerber Knives made in the United States. Of there was a problem with this product then it could have damaged the reputation. Safety always comes first.

5. wavedrop

wavedrop

Dec 10, 2009
    It would have to be really sturdy in order for it to be more convenient than a fixed handle axe.