close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Geraldo Rivera Blames Hoodie

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G17Jake, Mar 24, 2012.

1. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    at 28 seconds in the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q3ASKmZ-8A"]Geraldo Rivera Blames Trayvon Martin And His Parents For His Own Murder! "Leave The Hoodie At Home" - YouTube[/ame]

2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I have a hoodie. You know, I've never had a problem.

Then again, I'm not a "hood".:supergrin:

3. It is not a good idea to wear a hoodie. It turns you evil!

Here is Gandhi:
    [​IMG]

Here is Gandhi wearing a hoodie:

[​IMG]

4. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    Hoodies should be banned.Right along with cars, cigarettes, swimming pools, boats, kitchen knives, and motorcycles.

I don't think I'm ever going outside after dark or in the rain again either. The dark and the rain could have been as responsible as the evil hoodie.

Locking myself in the basement now.....

5. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    A dark hoody on a black rainy night? Just don't be walking down the street.... People can get themselves killed doing that.

6. What would Geraldo be blaming if the shooter was WHITE?

7. Skittles and ice tea? :dunno:

8. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Geraldo, as usual, is doing his shock-jock shtick. One point that COULD be drawn from his rant, though: in some parts of America, people have stopped bullets because they happen to have chosen an unfortunate jacket color that morning.

9. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Definitively don't wear a hoodie if you are a raccoon, might get you shot.

10. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    It wasn't the hoodie per se that got Martin killed, but Geraldo's on the right track. The hoodie is a symptom of the larger problem, the thug glorification and entitlement attitudes that exist in the country.
    I was thinking back to when I was 17. If an adult, claiming authority asked me why I was somewhere out of place, I would have just answered him what my business there was. I wouldn't have thrown him to the ground and pounded his head for disrespecting me. If the kid was so freaked out about the creepy guy following him, why didn't he call 911? You can bet if a minor called and said some creepy guy was watching and following him, cops would have rolled fast. But I guess calling 911 isn't in the thug life handbook?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

Feb 9, 2009
    S W Virginia
    Geraldo expressed this idea on Imus Friday morning and also said we sould not have the "Stand Your Law".

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I guess Geraldo doesn't have a Stand your Ground. He has a being hit in the head with a chair and falling down on the ground.:rofl:

13. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

People usually dress a certain way for a reason. I dress the way I do because I'm a late middle aged white guy that values comfort.

The kids that dress Goth, or punk, or gangster do so to evoke a response from others. I guess this kid got a response he wasn't looking for.

Geraldo didn't say anything that wasn't true but some people don't want to hear the truth if it doesn't agree with their own notions.

Edit: I can't believe I'm defending Geraldo!

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

14. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan

never really associate a hoddie with thug life anymore. Guess there are lotsof thugs on college campuses, and high schools, and just walking around. Dam guessI got the gangster dress going.

Dam it feels good to be a gangster. J

15. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
  16. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

No one said your hoodie is evil, but people do make judgments about others based on their appearance and you do it too. It's just a fact of life and complaining isn't going to change anything. Is this REALLY news to anyone? Did your parents fail to teach you this? Or were you just not paying attention?

Wearing a hoodie and acting like a gentleman can change perceptions and prejudices though, and if nothing else may change the perceptions of those you interact with. Besides, it's not the hoodie per se, it's the gangster image that some choose to project by their dress.

Edit: If I walk by a young man or men who are dressed and acting like gang bangers I mentally classify them as potential problems. I don't start looking for gang tattoo's or other clues because I have better things to do with my time. They get added to my "watch list" and I carry on.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

17. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts

It was a rhetorical question.

18. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    :eyebrow:

Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and get upset because someone thinks you're a duck?
    Got the jailhouse pants to go with that get-up? :faint: