close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Georgia Ranges - Please Pin

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by Joe Wang, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bdcremer

bdcremer The No SpinZone

Apr 8, 2005
    Metro Atlanta, GA
  2. TheOnlyQP

TheOnlyQP

Feb 12, 2011
    Is anyone a member at Griffin Gun Club? I was thinking of joining but the $300 initiation is a little steep. $200 annually as well, but it is 5 minutes from my house.

3. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010
    Those prices seem similar to South River.

Their site doesn't tell you much about the range. Do you know how it compares to South River. I was a member of South River but the fees/driving/gas cost was getting too much for me.

http://www.thegriffingunclub.org/

4. TheOnlyQP

TheOnlyQP

Feb 12, 2011
    There are ranges for skeet/trap and a 100yd rifle range,maybe two of those. There are a bunch of pistol bays and some action shooting setups. They said they were going to either build a new rifle range to 200yds or extend one but I can't remember.

I was there for the GSSF match recently and it was pretty nice. I've only been to south river once when I lived in conyers and I don't really remember it. I usually go to Autrey's or Georgia range and guns but I'm getting into shooting some rifles. And outdoor shooting is much more pleasant. $300 is a bunch of range visits though.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  5. Ellie89

Ellie89

Jun 14, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    In case anyone was looking for it, here's the updated link to the list of public GA wildlife shooting ranges: http://www.georgiawildlife.org/node/920

I can vouch for Little River in Valdosta; it's where I learned to shoot. Good place, nice folks! Though being in Atlanta now, I'm going to have to get used to indoor ranges...:yawn: :supergrin:

6. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Thanks for the information! I found two ranges in NW GA, and I called them. It looks like a fun field trip!

7. taurn88

taurn88

Apr 22, 2010
    I didn't see Sandy Springs Gun Club here yet... http://sandyspringsshootingrange.com/

It's worth checking out if you're in Sandy Springs area, $10 for 11-2pm. The ranges are pretty well ventilate and got a nice staff. Also, they were out grilling on Memorial Day, so that is very cool!

8. Ellie89

Ellie89

Jun 14, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Great! Will give that a try!

9. Rob62

Rob62 XL Member

Feb 25, 2000
    Georgia, USA
    There is now a brand new indoor gun range in Douglasville.

This is the old Tactical Concepts/Wolf Creek range that burned down a while back. Anyway the building was rebuilt after it was burned down to the ground (I don’t know the cause of the fire). I have not been in there yet, only driven by, but it seems someone spend a lot of money on the facility.

Stoddard's Range and Guns
    5840 Bankhead HWY (Hwy 78)
    Douglasville, GA

Looks like you have to purchase a yearly membership package but it starts at $199 so it doesn’t seem too bad.

http://www.stoddardsguns.com/site/index.php

On a side note – does anyone have any information on the Tallapoosa Youth Range / West Georgia Youth Range? It is an outdoor rifle and pistol range with up to 200 – 300 yard shooting berms from what I was told. Its in Haralson county, off of Hwy 78. Would really like to hear from someone that has shot there. I have not been there but would like to check it out.

Here is an interesting read about this range.

http://times-georgian.com/view/full...nues-in-Haralson-County?instance=west_ga_news

10. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
  11. mnmiv

mnmiv

Sep 13, 2004
    Georgia
  12. bigtimelarry

bigtimelarry

Apr 22, 2012
  13. Revvv

Revvv

Jan 28, 2010
    I'm all for having a range day around the Augusta area.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

14. I am a retired infantry/reconnaissance Marine and former member of USMC rifle and pistol teams. I operate a firearms training and sales business (training from NRA basic to dynamic tactical) and have an outdoor range that is also available by appointment and rented by the hour. It has a rifle/carbine range out to 300m and a covered 8 station firing position pistol range out to 25m.

There is a range safety officer present at all times.

If interested contact:

info@semperfiguntraining.com
    770-405-9415

15. I am a retired infantry/reconnaissance Marine and former member of USMC rifle and pistol teams. I operate a firearms training and sales business (training from NRA basic to dynamic tactical in rifle, F/A submachinegun and pistol) and have an outdoor range that is also available by appointment and rented by the hour. It has a rifle/carbine range out to 300m and a covered 8 station firing position pistol range out to 25m.

There is a range safety officer present at all times.

If interested contact:

info@semperfiguntraining.com
    770-405-9015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  16. Rob62

Rob62 XL Member

Feb 25, 2000
    Georgia, USA
    jumpinjarhead - Can you post what city the range is near ?

Regards and Semper Fi,

Rob

17. Range is 12 miles NW of Exit 147 off I-85 in Commerce and about 8 miles SW of Cornelia.