close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Georgia Arms 10mm ammo available

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by rd3, Jan 24, 2010.

1. rd3

rd3

Aug 8, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I've been waiting and last week on Friday I called and they were running some 180 grain 10mm in new brass. I ordered last Friday, 1000 rounds, and got them the follow Friday, day before yesterday. It was $420 shipped to my door in a military ammo can. not bad, now I can shoot away. Just thought someone else might want to know that have some, or at least did.

2. glocknick

glocknick

Aug 2, 2009
    i really liked their ammo but since i started relaoding i havent bought any 10mm ammo. i probably will again so i can replinish my brass stash since the use starline brass

3. BKG-22

BKG-22 Millennium Member

Sep 17, 1999
    Michigan
    Thanks for the info. I sent them an e-mail early last week looking for ETA on 10mm ammo and they never replied. So I was very hesitant to place any order with them. I may call them tomorrow and get some coming.

Thanks for the heads up!

4. rd3

rd3

Aug 8, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I had been waiting on an email reply as well but didn't get one, thats why I called.

5. Waterfowler

Waterfowler

Apr 9, 2009
    Great news, I am glad someone is scoring some reasonably priced 10mm ammo. I went with Freakshow, they have better prices and ballistics than GA, but I have been waiting since the 1st week of November. :frown:

Normally I wouldn't be concerned but they took a rather large .223 order over at CalGuns, and the people over there are starting to make rumblings about ship dates.

6. Last weekend I went to the Raleigh, NC gun show at the fairgrounds. Georgia Arms was there and I purchased some 10mm product #G10B in the 50 round bags. The man at the table told me that the ammo had come off the production line the Thursday before the show. I thought the $21.50 per bag was very reasonable compared to other manufacturers prices.

7. rd3

rd3

Aug 8, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I've been waiting to try some from freakshow as well. I was watching them both and grabbed the first one that had it available. I'll keep checking freakshow since I hear it shoots good as well.

8. JMarch

JMarch ♩. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♬♩

Mar 6, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I ordered 150 rounds of 10mm from GA on the 3rd of October and it still hasn't shipped. =/

9. 527varmint

527varmint

Aug 9, 2009
    I hear freakshow is just having a hard time getting components. I hear he is a good guy and plan to order from them. I have too many new guns to play with so I don't care if it takes a few months. I have to 3 new rifles and a shotgun I got to put a few thousand rounds thru. :wow:

10. DarkBlade1000RR

DarkBlade1000RR

Dec 22, 2009
    I just purchased 500 rds of 10mm and 500 rds of .45ACP from Georgia Arms....still no luck in finding decent .357sig though...bummer...:dunno:

Excellent service from Alan at Georgia Arms..stated that my order will ship today or tomorrow!!:woohoo::2gun:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    Ordered from Freakshow Nov. 15th. My CC was charged that day and I'm still waiting. I called and left a message over two weeks ago and have not received a return call. I really did'nt want to lend a stranger $200 for three months. I'm not happy.

12. Waterfowler

Waterfowler

Apr 9, 2009
    Strap in and get ready for a wait gatorboy. I have two orders, one on 11/6(#644) and another on 11/13(#653), I am waiting for. He replied to an email from me a month ago that he was waiting on a Starline brass shipment for the 10mm orders. Just for chits and giggles I ordered 2k cases of 10mm brass from Starline yesterday with an expected ship date of 2/15, so it should be interesting to see when he gets his in. Then again one guy on CalGuns actually sent FreakShow Mfg his own brand new Starline brass back in November too and he hasn't got his ammo(or brass/refund) back either.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=175196&page=3

To make matters worse he just took a 45k .223 group buy order, and the same week both his employees left and one of his reloaders took a crapper. So he is going to be overwhelmed for a while. His 10mm is by far the best combination of price and ballistics out there, I just didn't know I'd be in for a ride like this. I hope he gets things together and doesn't stress him and his family out so bad it affects his business.

Personally I will wait for the ammo. If you check some of the other forums, there are some people that canceled their orders from as far back as Nov 2008 that are still waiting for their refunds from FreakShow. And the website clearly stated that the ammo was going to take a while to ship, up to 6 weeks I think. I believe the best thing to do is wait for at least another month before getting too excited.

I am already past the 60 days I can dispute the charge with my credit card company anyways, so it looks like I am completely at his mercy just like you gatorboy. I am still optimistic things will work out for everyone involved! :drunk:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  13. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    Thanks for the info. Waterfowler. I was'nt planning on asking for a refund, I want my ammo! I'm confident if he does'nt come through with a refund or ammo my CC Co. will take care of me. I've been with them since I was 16 and have used it on well over $100,000 of purchases since then (and paid them back!). They like me a lot. Good luck to you and if you want to keep this out of the publics' eye for now feel free to P.M.

14. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

Took almost a year for my little adventure to come to an end.

You may as well get some Snickers. It's gonna be a while.

15. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Jun 2, 2007
    Northern Illinois
    What the hell?!?

I have 10mm orders from last summer that have yet to be filled by Georgia Arms.

16. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    I remember a few companies saying they were'nt taking orders any longer until they caught up but it sounds like you were forgotten. They are nice folks up there and I think a polite call to remind them of you could have your ammo to your door soon. Good luck.

17. BKG-22

BKG-22 Millennium Member

Sep 17, 1999
    Michigan
    I ordered my 180g 10mm FMJ & JHP ammo last Tuesday from GA and it was delivered to my door TODAY :wow: No muss, no fuss. I called Kathy on Friday as I saw my credit card had been charged and she promptly sent me my UPS tracking number.

I am very pleased to say the least. Now how do I count this stuff? All the FMJ is loose packed in an ammo can :whistling: :supergrin:

18. Waterfowler

Waterfowler

Apr 9, 2009
    I went ahead and ordered 2000 rounds from The Hunting Shack. Their 10mm reloads are $301.95/1000. It's a 6-8 month wait but they don't charge your credit card until they ship.

19. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2006
    Red Neck Riviera
    Better check that the order did not get lost. Today, February 6, at the gun show in Pensacola, FL, GA had at least 2 500 round, ammo cans of "new" manufacturer 10mm and at least 20 bags of 50 rounds "new" manufacturer ammo. Their reloaded 45 GAP is $17.50 for 50 and new 45ACP manufacturer $200 for 500 rounds in an ammo can.

Chris

20. crazyrec12

crazyrec12 cornbread

Jul 24, 2009
    in a field
    So I was wondering how the GA ammo felt, is it a full load like doubletap or a juiced up .40 ? Any feedback would be helpful.