close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claim

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Apr 3, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
  2. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Geez...Ken Norton broke Ali's jaw in one of their fights, and over the course of that 12-rounder, you couldn't actually see that Ali's jaw was broken -- and that was with T.V. reception and coverage far better than the police surveillance video.

Who are these MSM clowns trying to fool?

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I recall that the original report was that Zimmerman told the police Martin "busted" his nose. Not sure if that means something different in California or new York, but in the south it just means you hit a person in the nose and probably made it bleed. The statement using the word "broken" was second-hand from his lawyer, as far as I've seen. It may have been a mistake in understanding or in repeating.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Isn't it an ethics violation to offer a firm diagnosis without a physical examination?

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Ethics violations seem to be surrounding this story from virtually every angle... :shocked:

7. steve581581

steve581581

Oct 9, 2011
    Troy MI
    Everyone's different. I've had my nose broken 3 times and you could barely tell by looking at me any of the times. Very little swelling and no bruising. The last time I had a very light yellow bruise just under my eye.

8. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Killers always try to find some way to talk their way out of accepting responsibility for their actions. The young man he killed had not stolen the candy and drink. He was walking back to the house talking on the phone. He didn't stalk anyone and he didn't confront anyone and enter into an altercation with anyone. But he was shot by a man who watched him, followed him and killed him. If Martin had been white and if the killer had been African-American, the responses would be entirely different. Trying to make excuses about the killer, trying to find some way to justify what he did as correct and appropriate, trying to pretend that the murdered man was at fault, etc. is just grasping at straws. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

9. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    You were there? You should really give your statement to the authorities.

10. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    There was some type of altercation, wasn't there? Or did Zimmerman break his own nose and caused the gash on the back of his forehead by himself?

There is much evidence to support the fact that Zimmerman was far from being a racist. He had supported various Black causes and even worked on some of them.

To simplify and say that he followed the kid and killed him may be an oversimplification of things.

We can do 'what-ifs' all day long. What if Zimmerman were a white female weighing maybe 100lbs? Would we be talking about this?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    No, he wasn't there, he's just fired up from hanging out at Democratic Underground, so he's back here with a very typical post - a strict left-wing opinion, with no facts or argument to back it up.

12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Assuming anything about this case is probably not the smartest course of action. None of us know exactly what happened in the time between when they both became aware of each other and the moment the trigger was pulled. The media has been compliant in the racist narrative and actively distorting the truth about this case. I don't know if there is a good guy or not in this shooting. But I do know that the media has edited audio and video to lie about some details.

Best bet, wait for the important details, then figure out if you actually support either of these guys, or neither.

Oh, and killers don't "always" try to talk their way out of responsibility. I've seen guys get medals for killing people. It depends on if the rules were followed.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  13. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    Sounds like someone is auditioning to be Obama's next Surgeon General.

14. Just1More

Just1More

Mar 18, 2009
    This guy had a broken nose, but it's impossible to tell from a grainy picture.

[​IMG]

15. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    well it certainly improved his face value.

Doc44

16. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    video was shot after zimmerman had received first aid.

possible explanation for the lack of blood.

it is ironic that so many black people are so willing and eager to join a lynch mob.

17. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I will take up for Zimmerman on this one. I had my nose pretty badly broken while boxing. You couldn't tell then, and you can't tell now, except for my deviated septum, and the most intense pain I think I had ever experienced.

18. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Aug 20, 2011
    On The Edge
    The media, grasping at anything to keep the fires burning whether it be the truth or not.

19. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    liquor stores will be looted, big screen t.v.'s will be stolen, department and shoe stores will be plundered and property will burn. the white man will be blamed and days later will be asked for help.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    On this rare occasion, I agree with you.