close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Generation 4 Racegun Changes

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BCarver, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

After reading several threads about the Generation 4 Glocks, I thought that I would share with all of the GSSF/IPSC and other Glock Racegun users the changes that we are working on at B&B Enterprise (CARVER Mounts and Custom Parts) for the Glock Generation 4

Magwells : The Gen 4 Grip Plug area where our brass insert is inserted for attaching our CARVER Custom magwells is different that the Gen 1, 2 and 3 plug areas...................so we are working on a new design for the brass insert for the Gen 4. We'll offer our magwells for all Generation Glocks with a special version for the Gen 4

Compensators: Since all of our CARVER Custom Compensators have a relieved area for the guiderod to extend, modifications to all of our Compensators for the Gen 4 are in the works. The Gen 4 compensator will have the same relieved area but larger than our current version. We'll offer our Compensators for all Generation Glocks with a special version for the Gen 4.

Trigger Kits: We are currently experimenting with changes made to the Gen 4, testing different methods to produce our 2.0 lb UL trigger kit utilizing all Glock parts and not skeletonizing any parts. Our results are pending.

Guiderod: The new guiderod system will not work with reduced loads or compensated barrels because the system does not currently have an alternative to use a lighter spring with a captured or noncaptured guiderod. I have come up with a solution to this opportunity and we'll be testing the add-on that can be used with either a captured or noncaptured guiderod with the Gen 4 slide and its larger guiderod hole.

I haven't shot the Gen 4 to compare to the recoil of a stock Gen 2 o 3. I'll be anxious to hear how everyone's opinion of the dual spring system works.

2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

Subjective but I think the new recoil assembly does reduce recoil some but I have to fire my G22 RTF right after my G22 Gen4 to notice.

3. BCarver

DWarren,
    I'm anxious to try the Gen 4 vs Gen 3. I didn't get a G22 Gen 4, only a G17 to start testing. If all goes well, I'll know tomorrow because I plan to test tomorrow.

I agree, it'll be subjective. On another note, the new dual recoil spring adds additional weight to the front of the slide compared to th polymer rod with spring.

I'll post my findings after my test. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
    Bobby

4. njl

njl

So, how'd the testing go?

5. BCarver

I didn't make it to the range today. I'll be there tomorrow. I'll post my results.

Thanks,
    Bobby

6. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi Bob,
    If you take a G17 3rd Gen and shoot it 4--5 rds, then shoot the Gen 4 you will feel the faster slide action and the softer recoil. The more I shoot it the more I love it.
    As you know, I shoot the G19 because it shoots faster and flatter for me( my scores improved the first match I used it), the Gen 17 is the same to me but softer recoil. I am working with it this month to Zero her in to use in Nc.
    The smaller grip is great and the brass is thrown almost half the distance.
    I did wish they would of added a ambi-slide lever. I am selling to my friend's my G17 3rd Gen to make room for the "New Girl's of my Life".
    I am sitting on Blunt Pins and Needles for the Gen 4 G19's and C models.

Take Care
    Mike:wavey: