Generation 4 Glock Q & A ONLY (Photos OK)

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by matteblack, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

No problem just thought I was missing somthing, myself and a trainer once did an entire "Who's on first" routine over a broken slide lock spring versus a slide stop one time :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #121 Ranger357, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. I noticed the 22 Gen 4 is slightly heavier than older models. Perhaps that is also contributing to less flip along with the double coil system.

3. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Now I've even heard of them at gunshows this weekend, and NOBODY on Glock talk has one with calipers, scales and full CSU Miami type forensic team working it?

You disapoint me GT :upeyes:

4. Hi everyone.

I looked for a thread to answer this question, but I have had no such luck..

When is Glock going to release a Gen. 4 Glock 17 in OD? I saw that in the GSSF ordering form, you can check "Olive Drab" even on the new fourth generation models (17 and 22).

Does anyone have any idea when they're scheduled to release?

Thanks!

5. I would like to know when they are going to make Gen 4 for all of the models too...

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

Thanks for the great pics and descriptions Weagle!

I'm guessing that the Gen4 trigger mechanism housing is the same one used in the SF's?

7. I'm with you, my 3rd Gen is blk and I want the 4th in OD

8. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

What I'm waiting for is an official updated parts list from GLock that will show beyond a doubt what parts are and are not compatible between the two.

Thinking mainly connector and trigger springs, but also internal slide parts. Now their is no reason those SHOULD change, but just to make sure Glock did not do any "Updating" as they had a new slide that did not have to be compatible wiht old models anyway.

9. Measurments of the gen 4 vs the gen 3 measured from the back of the trigger guard to the curve of the backstrap.

Gen 3 = 2.242"
    Gen 4 with no added backstrap = 2.154
    Gen 4 with medium "M" backstrap = 2.245
    Gen 4 with large "L" backstrap = 2.320

These measurements are for comparison only and are not intended to be any sort of official specs. I made them with a set of dial calipers from midway so although I was careful to be as accurate as possible there is some room for error.

I also measured the width of the grips and the Gen 3 was 1.185" wide while the Gen 4 was thinner at 1.178"

I'm sure there are many more measurements that people will be interested in, but the main point is the Gen 4 grip is shorter front to back and thinner side to side than the Gen 3 grip.

Weagle

[​IMG]

#129 weagle, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  10. What about G34's and G35's, when will they be release in GEN4?

11. Bluecard

Bluecard GUNDWG

I just picked up my 4th gen today from GT Distributors here in Austin, TX. Anyone know what the trigger pull is measured at? This feels much heavier than the 5.5lb. Haven't shot it yet. I could barely get it out of the office. All of the other officers kept asking to buy it!

12. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

It should say on the box label.

And yeah......pictures! :)

13. Bluecard

Bluecard GUNDWG

Thanks, yeah it does say 5LB. I guess I need to break it in! When I saw that they had came in I jumped on it like a fat kid on a happy meal and still was only able to get number 158 of the first run.

14. Is it just me or do the finger grooves look more spaced out than the gen3's?

15. Will the Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits work with the Gen 4 pistols?

16. The Gen 4 has had the grip pushed in (vs. the Gen 3) & uses a modified trigger housing... much like the G-21sf. I have been wondering if that would make the trigger pull heavier.

All sf models I have ever held seem to have a much heavier pull than the comparable non-sf models. I believe that the modified housing tilts the connector back a few degrees... making a 5# connector work more like an 8# one. A Glock armorer told me that was not the case, but I have my mind made up & don't want to be confused with facts! :whistling:

#136 Noponer, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  17. I'm not sure if anyone saw this article or not, but I thought I would provide the hyperlink to it below. Enjoy.

http://shilohtv.com/?p=4563

18. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nothing new.

19. Has anyone purchased and taken hold of a 4th gen G22/17? If so, how does it shoot? A few guys at work shot the one Glock toted around, they said it shot .40 like a hot 9MM.

20. OK, so I think it's safe to pass this along as I am not promoting something that costs you any money.

American Handgunner online mag.
    Here is the link:
    http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/AmericanHandgunner/AHMA10/

I don't think I'm violating any forum rules as this is a free online mag with a very good review of a Gen 4 G22!

As for a Gen 4..... I'll wait for the Gen 5! Maybe the Gen 4 will usher in something like the "pre 64" Winchester Model 70 thing. Keep your early Glocks!! I sure wish I kept my pre-64 Model 70 Super Grade 375 H&H. I could sell it now and buy 10 Glocks! It got attention at the range and it would absolutely knock down any large animal I ever shot with it! But I digress....

Cheers!:cool: