Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Generation 4 Glock Q & A ONLY (Photos OK)

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by matteblack, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

Jun 27, 2006

Like the price sheet that I posted ??? :whistling:
  2. Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Im pretty sure they are including the disassembly tool becuase it is most likely needed to remove the interchangable backstraps.

3. GS19classified

Dec 29, 2008
    Here is more proof that GEN 4 is coming . . . I have the new price sheet for Individual Officers and I have pointed out the GEN 4 on the image . . .

4. austinguy23

May 3, 2007
    Were the only cosmetic differences the grip texture and the interchangeable grips? Did the detachable grips make it look cheap/goofy?
  5. I don't think it looked cheap or goofy at all. If one was just casually glancing over the table it would look like a current RTF with standard serrations. Once you looked closer you'd notice the RTF texture is different and that it had additional back-straps and that the mag release/catch was new.

The pistol felt fine...heck, although subtle, it felt good in SF configuration (no back-straps installed). It just doesn't scratch any itch that I have. I'll stick with the 3rd Gens...especially for carry. I think the RTF would shred my spare tire!
  6. Delcorbett

Jan 15, 2009
  7. FloridaCCW

Oct 22, 2009
    Gen 3's are not being discontinued. They will still be made when the Gen 4's come out.
  8. ajjacks916

ajjacks916 IDPA SO

Oct 20, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Pulled from another thread and

Attached Files:

9. Yep. That's it.
    Looks like the same add from the SWAT Round Up...they had the pistol on the table with the add on an eisle.
  10. Chainlink

Oct 25, 2009
    Any word if the Gen4(Back straps) will affect the baby glocks?
  11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Just going by the picture I think the Gen 4 is definitely a step in the right direction and if the dual recoil spring setup proves reliable and soaks up the recoil like the H&K system you can count me in.

Edited to add: Hooray! I just realized it doesn't have an extended slide stop lever. Hooray!

I want one in G19 flavor.

Happyguy :)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  12. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    About the compatibility and the slide saying "Gen 4", the Gen4 slide will obviously require use of the Gen4 recoil assembly/guide rod because of the larger hole in the slide for it. Also, the cut-out in the barrel lug that the guide rod fits into will have to be wider for the new guide rod, so the Gen4 slide must be used with the Gen4 recoil assembly and barrel.

I'm interested in how the backstraps attach. Glock doesn't want regular users to do anything internally with the pistol, so I doubt that removing the trigger housing pin would have anything to do with attachment of the backstraps. From the picture, it looks like the area around the trigger housing pin is raised so that the backstraps just click over it. It also looks like before the backstrap clicks over that raised button, it hooks over the bottom of the existing backstrap so that it's attached top and bottom.
  13. AgentAdam

AgentAdam Glock Master

Oct 15, 2009
    Someone already stated there is an extended connector block pin for the additional back straps. The rear pin even looks beefed up as in larger ,and maybe even steel, compared to the small plastic pin of the gen 3. If you pushed rear pin out with the extra pin the internals would stay intact.

The space around the rear pin is probably sunk with the bumped up part being on the inside of the backstraps.

The sights seem taller. The barrel end, guide rod tip,and sights look super imposed on the pic.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  14. knight601

Jan 21, 2001
    Recently saw a few pictures of the new Gen4 and got some info. The mag release is larger which is good but, I hope it doesn't interfere with current model holsters. (hopefully they thought about that) The captured steel double spring guide rod is nice, maybe less recoil too? The interchangable backstraps are all curved. I was told because Mr.Glock said "The backstrap is supposed to be curved". For flat backstrap fans, I'm sure an aftermarket company will make a flat backstrap. The grip texturing will be good, in between the old style and the RTF2. There will be an even newer mag design for the new reversible mag release with a relief cut on the right side of the mag tube.(3 cuts on the tube). Also heard the ambi mag release on the G21SF is going to be phased out. The first release is the 17&22, then 19&23. I'm waiting on the 21 to buy as a duty gun.
  15. knight601

Jan 21, 2001
    The the older mags will work fine if you have the mag release set up for a right handed shooter.
  16. So the news is glock will now include a double recoil spring in all their new gen 4 models. I wonder how much of a difference the felt recoil will be in the .40. We all know that round is snappy and for some can beat up a shooters hand after many shots fired. If the double recoil springs will reduce the recoil the g17 will probably be really smooth the shoot. Anyone here know first hand how it shoots?
  17. AgentAdam

AgentAdam Glock Master

Oct 15, 2009
    I doubt a solid steel guide rod would "solve the problem" with weapon mounted lights. I would rather have a glock that will still function when the guide rod melted and flew out after 1000 rounds than a steel one bent,cracked and jammed up.

The new guide rods are still polymer, or at least a hybrid and still allows flex. Just look at you 26,27,33 recoil assembly. The main shaft is polymer with a steel tube over the last half to guide the larger spring. I think the double recoil spring is more of a cycle rate/recoil issue and the guide rod is just the aftermath of it.

Lots of companies are going over to the captured polymer recoil rod like the Beretta 90-Two.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  18. unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    And the new Glock dual spring recoil assemblies will drop right into earlier generation models?
  19. JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Not according to what has been stated, the OD is larger on the front.
    I am repeating what I have read, I have not measured one.