Generation 4 Glock Q & A ONLY (Photos OK)

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by matteblack, Jan 23, 2009.

1. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

When Federal Ammunition introduces a product like Federal Champion 115-gr FMJ 9mm ammo to the USA market, the lowest powered ammo ever offered, then it is an ammo issue. It won't function in a new Gen4, New XD or New Kimber. Champion would not even function in my Gen2 G19 when I installed a brand new factory recoil spring assembly to test.

With it's latest 9mm offering, Kimber recommends only 124-gr and higher full power service ammo.

Sometimes it is an ammo issue. Sometimes it is a shooter issue. Sometimes it is a recoil spring issue.

Try not to forget all the issues stated here that new shooters have had after buying a Gen2 or Gen3 "C" model 9mm Glock.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

SAAMI regulates maximum pressures, not minimum, cheap loadings. Winchester USA (PF of 136.85) works fine in all Glocks. It is far hotter than Federal Champion (PF of 129.38). Glocks, being Military pistols, are designed around the 124-gr FMJ NATO round, PF of 146.94.

3. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

I shoot Federal champion and it functions in my Gen 4 17 with the original RSA.

4. I'm new here. i would like to know if there's such thing as "break in" when using glock for the first time? if so how? what type of ammo must be use?
    thank you in advance...

5. You just use it.

6. "Get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock." - Tommy Lee Jones [US Marshalls]

actually i got a my first glock....and would like to know if there's such thing as "break in"
    thank you
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec"] [/ame]

7. Nope, its a combat pistol. Ready to go out of the box. Its not a 1911 or Revolver that have a high number of internal parts and are delicate to different situations and break ins. Glocks do not have this problem. No break in required, although some guys on here might have their own break in but its mental not a requirement for the action of the gun.

#247 Forgoten214, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  8. Thank you so much Sir Forgoten214....
    might have some upcomming questions re glock...hope to here from you again.

#248 Ron_g4g17, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  9. What are the best cleaning/lubricating products to use on a Gen 4 Glock 30?

10. njl

njl

Any suitable firearms cleaner will work. I generally use some form of CLP. Any lube will work. I've been using Mobil 1 15W50 for about a decade and a mix of that and TW25b or Tetra grease on the connector.

11. onalandline

onalandline Me Got Gun!

I second Ballistol. Great stuff.

12. Can anyone verify that this is the correct extended slide release for a Gen 4 G30? I have mixed reports but this is a three pin..and believe it is the correct one.

Thanks in advance!

13. Can anyone tell me if the slide stop used in a Glock 19 gen 4, is the same used in a gen 2 or gen 3?

14. Hygun

Ordered my first Glock 3 weeks ago, G22 Gen 4. Any ideas as to what I can expect?

15. onalandline

onalandline Me Got Gun!

Years of fun and reliability.

16. Hygun

So..... I got my Glock. I am impressed. Lol. But! Did you guys know it has 4 back straps? 2 sizes and 2 of them have beaver tails. No where have I seen this mentioned, so it was a nice surprise.

17. onalandline

onalandline Me Got Gun!

Pics of the beaver tail back straps?