close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gender bias of God

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by rustytxrx, Apr 16, 2013.

1. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    I have thought on this matter for years. Gender is an interesting aspect of life.

In lower plants and animals I am not sure I see a gender bias but there are gender differences. Some have the ability to change sex. some can reproduce asexually. it goes from large females and small males in fish and insects to large combative males and smaller females in mammals.

In the last million years we have humans. Very confusing lot, this group. I know that religions show some bias, at least it seems so. Did God* show a bias?

* you can put the word of your choice here. whatever word you want to use to get to "now" is fine with me

2. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Gender rule seems to be what we see in Christianity. I don't think that is as much true in eastern religion. The yin and the yang work together. The male and the female are intertwined(pun intended).

It is time for a the gentler sex to have it's impact on spirituality. I don't think that God is either male or female (neither male nor female?). Christian writings have made God out to be male. It takes our western minds a little while to get past this.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

3. robbcayman

robbcayman

Apr 19, 2008
    San Diego
    The Christian Bible is very contradictory about women. I can post verses that are complimentary about women and verses that state they are inferior, weaker and are to be submissive to males.

I think this is due to the fact that women are physically the weaker sex and a bunch of primitive men wrote the bible. Using propaganda to control weaker people has been going on since the dawn of time and religion has been the vessel of choice to carry such propaganda for many cultures.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  4. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    It's pretty simple. Man wrote the bible... it has nothing to do with a God. So you can see early man's view of a woman. When speaking about her she is beautiful, glorious, a flower to be admired, adored, and cherished. But when it comes to actually dealing with a woman... it becomes completely about control what she does with her genitals. She is property. And if she's with too many men she is a whore and spoiled. Therefore to "Protect"... read "Control"... her purity... she must be kept away by her father for the day she is ready to be given to her husband.

When looking at them from a distance early man viewed a woman as a flower. But when it came time to decide who got to actually nail her... she became cattle.

5. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    And I can quote sources that say the sun shines in the sky, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd like to see the verses that say a woman is inferior to a man?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  6. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
  7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. (Genesis 3:16)

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

8. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Nothing in that says a woman is inferior.
    It just says that the man is in charge.

Please go tell any woman that she's inferior to you and show her those Bible verses.

9. void *

void * Dereference Me!

You really think that saying, effectively, "it's all woman's fault", as 1 Timothy 2:11-14 does, isn't treating women as inferior?

Telling women they have to submit to the will of men simply because they're women is treating them equally?

10. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    You believer's ability to see something right in front of you yet pretend it's not there is amazing to me sometimes.

11. According to the Bible male and female were created equal.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

What caused the gender problem of inequality was sin.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

What is the answer to the problem of sin? Jesus is the answer. In Christ equality is achieved.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

12. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

Dec 28, 2001
    NE Ohio
    A better title would be "gender bias of humans attributed to god". If the all the (I AM) is conscious spirit how can it have gender bias? Such is a manifestation of the grossly physical vibration.

Ancient cultures had a better sense of balance. In ancient Sparta, whet we often think of as a man's culture, there were two ways to give your life for your country. To die in battle or to die in childbirth were equally honored as patriotic sacrifices. The god/goddess has balance where the god is unbalanced. That's one thing wrong with the world today in the dark age we live in is the lack of balance.

13. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

Dec 28, 2001
    NE Ohio

>>>>>What caused the gender problem of inequality was sin.

So the position you're taking is that there is gender inequality because a magic rib woman accepted a fruit from a talking snake?

:rollseyes:

14. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    In the Catholic Church I don't think there is any ordinary human that has ever walked the face of the earth held in higher regard, or honored more than Mary who just so happens to be a woman.

So as far as Christianity goes, perhaps if there is gender bias at all it is in the other direction? :dunno:

You will find in scripture that men and women are indeed different. If you are one of those people who feel that they are the same then I can understand your reaction to label gender bias on the faith. But your premise, in my opinion is wrong.

15. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

Dec 28, 2001
    NE Ohio
    Dude...

Have you familiarized yourself with the practices of the Roman's church. Catholic church is a PATRIARCHAL institution. Have some more cool-aid bro, your cup is almost empty. :whistling:

16. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Oh it is certainly a patriarchal system. I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't. But as such there is a lot of responsibility that falls on the male as head of the household/Parish/Diocese/etc. etc.

Much to the anger of feminists around the globe, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

17. So is the Kingdom of God. It goes to show that everything has to have a structured organization. Nothing to do with gender if you really think about it, and more with who can do the job. Mary was given a very high "job position" per say, by Jesus Himself who made her mother of all humans. Not because of "Affirmative Action", but because she showed, she could do the job thru her entire life.

18. elsielover

elsielover

Apr 27, 2007
    Off to the Side