gen4 grip eating me up

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by The Wolverine, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Get a better holster. A good IWB design will put a piece of leather between the grip and you - that's how/why I make my own IWB holsters. Here's an example:
    [​IMG]

Depending on the gun and how fat you are, you may need more grip coverage.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Bren, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. I do not know why I did not think of this, I guess I am not used to working with a plastic gun, 20 seconds with some 220 grit sand paper, problem solved.

It still has plenty of grip, just not as sharp now, and besides the only part of my hand that touches that side is half of my fingertips on middle and ring finger, so even if I sanded them smooth, it really would not hurt my grip on the gun.

Wearing a under shirt in Arizona would not be bad (dry heat), but ca survivor in Florida, like Alabama, for me, it is too humid for undershirts.

I wear sweat wicking shirts 98% of the time, and a undershirt would kill the sweat wicking properties, even if you wear sweat wicking undershirt under a sweat wicking shirt, it slows down the evaporation big time.

#22 The Wolverine, Oct 5, 2012
  3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

You used to have a Gen 1 Glock. Like I had a gen 2 G17. :supergrin:

4. I have a good holster, but like yours it just covers the slide, and, I am not fat, just a little short for my weight.:whistling:

[​IMG]

#24 The Wolverine, Oct 5, 2012
  5. Speed3

Speed3 Speed3

Or, you could go with a Kholster or Cross Breed Holster. None of the grip touches your skin, only the leather of the holster. I wear this comfortably against my skin under a T-shirt in 90 degree, 80% humidity all summer long.

Attached Files:

6. I do that with all my weapons, Glocks, Colts etc...have found nothing more comfortable or more functional.
    Sweaty hands? Issue no more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#26 PocketProtector, Oct 5, 2012
  7. drcohen

drcohen TetraGunCare

Brooks Tactical Agrip should be fine. If a holster is made with sharp edges ... well, that's another thing.

8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

AMEN! :supergrin:

9. drcohen

drcohen TetraGunCare

Agrip is like synthetic suede. Really holds your hand in place. Comfortable. different model templates cut for different grips. I think there are 6 models covering all Glocks, and other brands/models too, and their uncut sheets.

10. Ive got a gen 2 23. Ill trade it and $50 for your gen 4.

11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Now I understand! :cool: